SEVEN

We all stood there for several moments, gawking at Jenna's limp body. None of us knew what to do and we all waited for someone else to break the silence.

It was Neil who spoke first. "Go get Emma," he said as calmly as possible. When no one moved, he growled, "Someone go get Emma, now."

Corey, snapping out of his daze, sprinted back to camp. Once again, we fell into a loud silence. It felt as if the whole jungle had became quiet, or maybe we were just too focused on the sound of our ragged breath that we couldn't hear anything else.

Just when the silence had became almost deafening, Emma and Corey burst through the foliage.

"Where is she?" Emma asked urgently. We all pointed at Jenna's figure. Emma's hands flew up to her mouth as she tried not to scream. "What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know," Neil said. "I thought maybe-"

"Neil, I used to be a doctor, not a miracle worker." She shook her head. "I can't bring people back from the dead."

"I know, I know!" Neil sighed. "I just- I don't-" He paused and sat on the muddy ground. "I can't think straight!" he said finally. He groaned and lay on the ground. "Somebody go tell everyone else about this."

"Why?" Zoe asked.

"They need to know."

"Can't we just keep this between us?" I asked hopefully. I knew Jenna's death would only cause rumours and arguments. I didn't think we could take anymore drama.

Corey shook his head. "If we don't tell them, and someone else finds out, no one will trust us anymore. We can't keep things that are this important a secret."

I stood up and exhaled loudly. "Fine. I'll do it." I jogged back to camp and looked around. Everyone was bustling around, doing something to keep themselves busy. The sun was setting and I knew it wouldn't be long before it would be dark.

I cleared my throat and everyone turned to me. I opened my mouth but no words came out. What could I say. "Guess what, somebody just died and the killer is probably hanging out around camp"?

"Is there something you wanna say?" Alex said rudely.

I glared at him. "It would be easier if I showed you," I said finally. I headed towards the river with everyone trailing behind me.

Once we reached the river, everyone looked around expectantly. "What did you make us walk all the way over here for?" Mr. Burke grumbled impatiently.

Several gasps and shrieks were heard when I pointed at Jenna. No other sounds were heard for several minutes until Samantha spoke. "What happened?"

Corey shrugged. "I just found her like this."

"I mean, what do you think happened?"

"Maybe she couldn't deal with this so she killed herself," Jonah suggested. He was standing right behind me and he slipped his arms around my waist. I felt nervous being this close to him in this situation but I didn't want to move away.

"She doesn't seem like the kind of person to kill herself," Autumn said.

"There's no kind of person who kills themselves," Alex grumbled. "You don't even know what kind of person she was."

"Oh, like you knew her any better!" Autumn retorted.

"I knew her better than you did!" Autumn simply scoffed at him. "I'm just putting it on record, that I don't trust any of you. I know one of you killed her."

"What proof do you have that one of us killed her?" Autumn asked.

"What proof do you have that none of you killed her?" Alex walked up to Autumn and towered over her small frame. "For all I know, you could have killed her," he growled.