EIGHTEEN

A/N please read!!!

Ok, I just wanted to inform you all that I changed the end of the previous chapter. I only changed the last few paragraphs, so I suggest you go back and read the changes, or this chapter won't make as much sense.

Enjoy the chapter :)

<><><>

As I was dragged away from Jonah and deeper into the forest, fear flowed through my body as quickly as the blood pumping through my veins.

Alex finally stopped tugging my arm and pressed my body against a tree. The rough bark dug into my back painfully and I gasped in agony.

"Trying to save you boyfriend, Terri?" he asked. His voice was low and dangerous and only fuelled the terror I felt.

"Stop, Alex, please," I plead.

"Stop what? He's a murderer, Terri! You want me to just let him roam around here until he kills someone?!" he spat.

"I might be wrong," I whispered. "We don't even know if he's really the killer."

Alex chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not taking the risk."

"Please, please Alex, don't do anything to him. Please, don't hurt him," I begged. I had no idea where this desperation came from. Only a few minutes ago, I was determined and strong, now I'm desperate and weak.

"I can't make any promises," he mumbled darkly.

"You don't know if he's the killer! I didn't mean it when I told you he was the killer! I wasn't thinking straight! Please, Alex, just think this through." Tears were streaming down my face and I prayed that Alex would pity me enough to leave Jonah alone.

But he simply shook his head. "You're only saying that because you love him." He clenched his jaw and frowned. "We've all lost people we love, and it's because of Jonah."

"I already lost Autumn," I cried. My whole body was shaking because of the whirlwind of emotions coursing through me. "I can't lose him too."

Alex didn't respond. Instead, he leaned down and grabbed a large rock. "I'm sorry Terri, but there's nothing you can do about it."

Before I could process what was happening, the rock collided with my head, knocking me out immediately.

<><><>

I woke up on the forest floor with a horrible pain in my head.

I brought my hand up to the top of my forehead and when I brought it back down, they were coated with blood.

I stood up on shaky legs, feeling as if I was on a boat crashing through waves. I could barely think straight because of the pounding pain in my head.

What do I do? I asked myself. I decided to head back to camp and get someone to help me find Alex. Considering my current state, I wouldn't be able to get much done on my own.

Every step I took caused another pang of pain behind my eyes and I tried to push all negative thoughts as far back as I could.

What if Alex killed- I stopped that thought before I could finish it.

<><><>

I could hear screams and shrieks of terror as I neared the camp. Millions of thoughts began to race through my head as I tried to figure out what could be the cause of so much panic.

The closer I came to the clearing, the more obvious it was.

The first thing I noticed was the smoke, billowing upwards. It was causing a cloud to form around the camp and I brought my hand up to my mouth to prevent breathing in the smoke.