FIVE

A/N

If you have not read the new version of chapter four, I suggest you do. It comes to the same conclusion as the first version I wrote, but it is written much better and I would love to hear you opinion. Thanks!!!

<><><>

As I walked back into the plane, I tried my best not to faint or freak out. I kept my eyes glued to the aisle so I wouldn't have to see any of the bodies. Kiana stayed close to me and although she was trying to be brave, I could see right through her act. The lights above us kept flickering on and off and I was getting bad feeling in my gut.

I heard the voices of the three boys yelling coming from the other end if the plane, near the tail. I walked in the direction of their voices. A few metres away, a huge crack ran through the floor, splitting it in half. When we reached the crack, I looked down. Below us, wires and torn metal created an odd collage over the jungle floor. I noticed a plank of wood created a "bridge" over to the other side. Kiana walked across first, her arms stretcher out to keep her balance and I followed suit.

The arguing had gotten louder and I could see the three of them shouting in each other's faces. I calmly walked up to them and tried to understand what was happening. Corey was standing behind them, his attention shifting from each boy as he watched them as if they were a soap opera.

Jonah's looked like a tomato and I had to bite my bottom lip to keep from laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

"Are you gonna do something?" Kiana asked me. I sighed exasperatedly and headed over to Jonah.

I tapped his shoulder gently. He whirled around to face me and growled, "What?"

I flinched at his angry tone and back away a bit. "I um," I began unsure of what to say. Jonah rarely ever got this mad so I had no idea what to do. "I was wondering if you could come help," I said. I stood up a little bit straighter and stood my ground. This is Jonah, I told myself, Jonah would never hurt you.

His expression softened a little but the anger was still in his eyes. "I'm kind of in the middle of something here," he said.

I looked back at Neil and Alex who were still arguing and seemed to have completely forgotten about Jonah. "I don't think they'll miss you too much."

Jonah looked back at the other two boys and groaned. He ran his hand through his hair rapidly. He groaned again and shook his head. "Ok, ok, I'm coming," he said.

"Oh, and tell your boyfriends to stop bickering," I said as I walked off with Kiana behind me. I turned back and saw Jonah glaring at me. I shot him a wide smile and he rolled his eyes.

Kiana and I walked back to the front of the plane. I opened up on of the compartments above the seats and grabbed a random bag and Kiana did the same. I rummaged through the carry on but nothing of use was found. I reached back up and grabbed another piece of luggage.

"This feels wrong," I mumbled as I tried to open the bag. The stupid zipper was caught on the material of something inside the bag and it was proving rather difficult to open it.

"What does?" Kiana asked.

"We're rooting through the bags of dead people," I responded. Kiana simply shrugged. I stared at her in shock.

She noticed me staring at her and said, "Don't get me wrong; I feel awful that all these people had to die. But if it was you who died and some random stranger survived instead, would your ghost be upset that the stranger was trying to stay alive? We're not doing anything wrong. We're just trying to survive another day," Kiana explained.