The Princess Platter

You know, how when you watch a scary movie, there's that one scene where the hero's are walking through an abandoned building, warehouse, field, etc. and they keep looking over their shoulder every other minute in case the killer pops out?

Well, that exactly how I felt as we walked to the VIP room.

Boris walked ahead of us, smiling away, while Lucifer stayed by my side, my hand tightly clasped in his. I wasn't sure if he could tell how nervous I felt or if he was just curious over Boris, but he stayed quiet and distant. I was too lost in my own thoughts to worry much about him, though.

"So, how have you been, my dear?" Boris asked, causally.

"Fine." I mumbled, my eyes darting around the restaurant in search of him.

"You don't have to be so tense. Damien is not here today."

My shoulders visibly relaxed as soon as those words left his lips. Thank the stars. Lucifer shot me confused look and I shook my head at him. It was none of his business and I planned for it to stay that way.

"Where is he this time?"

"France." Boris replied, as we walked into a separate room for the restaurants view. "Here we are. Please have a seat and a waiter shall be with you soon."

He gave me a quick, affectionate peck on the cheek before he excused himself. A small genuine smile formed on my face as I watched him leave. I should have known that Boris would always look after me. He was like a second father to me, after all.

"So." Lucifer said, clearing his throat to get my attention.

I turned back to face him and gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that."

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew Boris Sayansky?"

"How do you know him?" I asked, surprised.

"He was my idol's best friend. I know everything about my idol." Lucifer said.

Dread bubbled up in my stomach like a poison. The room felt as if it was suddenly getting smaller. Of all the damn people in the world, please let him be referring to someone else.

Before I could ask, the waitress walked into the room. With a huge flirtatious smile, I might add. I rolled my eyes at that and took the menu she practically tossed at me before turning her attention back to Lucifer.

Skimming over to the menu quickly, i realized that nothing had really changed. The prices went up and they had added a few other desserts, but everything else was the same.

A smile lit my face as i noticed my favorite meal was still on the menu. It was under a different name, but it was still there. Looking up at Lucifer, i almost snickered at the uncomfortable look on his face.

Our lovely waitress had all but straddled him as she talked animatedly about something I couldn't even catch on to. Deciding to throw my date a life line, i cleared my throat loudly. The waitress, whose name tag read Kathy, turned to glare at me, annoyed.

"What?"

"I'm ready to order and I'm sure my date would like to eat as well, unless you plan on feeding him yourself." I said raising an eyebrow at her.

Her face flushed red and she quickly righted herself. She completely ignored me and turned to take Lucifer's order. He ordered a simple steak and a Dr. Pepper.

When Kathy turned to face me, she gave me an impatient look.

"Is Monsieur Sean Paul still head chef here?" I asked instead of placing an order.