The Dread

Not edited.****

_________________

By the time closing came, I was physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I had never in my whole, 17 years of life, met anyone has demanding, egotistic, and obnoxious as Lucifer Codwell. I didn't even think it was possible for someone to be so rude!

If I hadn't really needed this job, I would have told Lucifer where he could have shoved his needs and musical career. But being the ever good employee that I am, I bit my lip and waited painfully for my shift to end.

"I'm free!" I shouted, dramatically, once I had all but ran to the locker room when my manager told me I could go home.

Tiffany chuckled as she rolled her eyes at my childish behavior. "It couldn't have been that bad. I mean, it was Kratos!"

"Oh, you have no idea! This is why I hate rockstars! They think that just because their famous, they have the right to whine about every little thing!" I ranted, as I changed out of my uniform.

"Dang girl, you got it bad. I'll never understand where your hatred for fame comes from." Tiffany snorted.

I just rolled my eyes as I pulled my shirt on. Grabbing my bag from my locker, I shut the door and waved bye to Tiffany. I was so ready to go home and sleep for the rest of summer, even though I knew that was impossible.

I pulled out my phone and sighed as I scrolled down to Jace's number. Tapping the call button, I put the phone to my ear as I waited for my little brother to pick up his phone. After the third ring, Jace's happy voice answered.

"What's up, sis?"

"I just got out of work. Are you home?" I asked, as I waved bye to Jared, a co worker.

"Yeah, but I was gonna head over to Oliver's for the night. Is that okay?"

"That's fine, just stay home till I get there."

Jace sighed. "I'm not a baby anymore, Chel!"

"I know." I chuckled. "But I don't want the house left alone so you're staying there till I get home."

"Fine." Jace grumbled through the phone.

I shook my head as he muttered an I love you and hung up my phone. Something was going on with that boy and it was seriously starting to annoy me. Sliding my phone into my pocket, I groaned as I waited at the bus stop.

I hadn't felt like taking my baby to work today so I was stuck on the VIA. I didn't mind taking the bus, I just knew it was going to irritate Jace even more that I'd be taking forever to get home. Oh well, there wasn't much I could do about it now.

I sat down on the bench and watched as the cars drove by. I swear, I was going to start growing white hairs with all the stress this family was putting me under. It was bad enough my mom couldn't act her own age; I didn't need Jace adding to it by acting like a little diva.

Worry filled my chest as I thought more about Jace. There was defiantly something going on with him that he wasn't telling me. And to be honest, it kinda hurt. Jace would always confide in me. We didn't keep secrets from each other.

The sound of a car honking brought me from my thoughts. I looked up and into the eyes of none other than Lucifer Codwell. I let out a groan of frustration. He honked his horn again and montioned for me to get in his car. I rolled my eyes and flicked him off.

He must of enjoyed it since he started laughing like a damn hyeana.

"Oh, c'mon Chels, I promise I'll take you straight home!"

I eyed him skeptically. "Liar."

"I swear. Now hurry the hell up before you make me hold up traffic."

I let out a frustrated groan as I begrudgingly got up. As much as I was annoyed with this pompous ass, I knew he was serious about holding up traffic and staying put until I got in. And it beat having to wait for the bus.

I quickly slipped into his car as the light changed to green.

"Thanks." I mumbled, buckling myself in.

"No prob. So, you work two jobs?" Lucifer asked.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." I snapped.

"Hey, you could at least be nice. I AM giving you a ride."

"Sorry. I'm just feeling a bit stressed. Not all of us can have such a fabulous life like you."

"Aw, is someone jealous?" He cooed, smirking at me.

"Hardly." I scoffed. "I actually like working hard for what I have instead of getting paid to sing a bunch of shitty lyrics."

"Ouch, I might need to buy some cream for that burn." He replied, sarcastically.

"I have some at home. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to cure your stupidity."

"Do you have to be such a bitch?!"

"Yes. Take a left."

Lucifer rolled his eyes as he turned down my street. Once he pulled up to my house, I quickly yanked open the door and jumped out. I wanted to be as far away from this guy as possible.

"Thanks for the ride." I mumbled before rushing over to my front door.

I waited until I heard Lucifer leave before I pulled the door open. Jace was standing there waiting with his arms crossed and a frown on his face.

I rolled my eyes as I quickly placed a kiss on his cheeks and wished him a good night. I was tired and exhausted. The last thing I wanted to do was get in an argument with Jace. A nice hot shower and my bed.

Was that so much to ask for?

____________________________________

I'm back! XD

I finally figured out what I wanted to do with this story! ;)

Be sure to comment/vote/fan if you like!