20

It has been three weeks since I've seen Daniel. They've been complete hell!

Even though Kyle has been here and spending more time with me. I spoke to him about how him being friends with his ex unsettled me but instead of listening, he just wanted to undress me and 'make me feel good.' We've been doing a lot of that lately; it's almost the only thing we do lately.

I really look forward to my best friend's return. I get along better with him than with Kyle. It's been days since I've spoken to Daniel; he travelled to visit his parents and didn't return my calls. He's the only one that makes me feel heard, and I miss him terribly. Kyle can't handle deep conversations -- he always tries to get me naked when I bring something up.

It was just a little over eight when I decided to clean up after watching a few shows while I finished dinner. My mood was dampened by Kyle, who yet again, came over to 'get some' and then said he had to go somewhere.

I tied the trash bag and took the stairs to the first floor. I went outside and walked around the complex, looking for the big green drum. After throwing my trash in, I turned around and headed back to my room, waving to the security guard as I pressed the elevator buttons and waited for it to come already.

I slow down and furrow my eyebrows when I see that my apartment's door is half closed. I was sure I locked it behind me. I walk in cautiously, reaching for my bat to protect myself against the intruder.

Footsteps are heard coming from my room and I stand behind the door, prepared to attack. Did Kyle maybe come back? No, he never does. Especially without calling ahead. When someone's shadow comes into view from around the corner, I swing my bat and hit the person's head as hard as I could. He curses, spinning around to look at me.

My eyes soften and I drop the bat, feeling guilty for a millisecond before I grin and jump on top of him. He smiles, catching me and placing his hands under my ass to hold me up. "Daniel! You're back?!"

"That was a pretty interesting way to welcome someone," he chuckles, holding me tighter as he started spinning me around. I chuckle and hold tightly onto him.

Then I get emotional and feel tears roll down my cheeks. I try not to sniffle because he'll know I'm crying and what would I say then?

He puts me down and hugs me again. I feel him take a deep breath in, almost like he's finally at peace. I niftily wipe my tears away and clear my throat. "You're early. I thought you had a couple more weeks before you were due to come back?"

He scratches the back of his neck and avoids looking in my direction as he says, "Maybe I just wanted an excuse to see you again. What happened?" he asks gently as he caresses my face.

"I'm really happy you're here. Things have been difficult to deal with." I hint on the fact that Kyle and I aren't on the best of terms. Him and his mom are becoming difficult to handle.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I missed you like crazy," he smiles sweetly and I just stare at him. He got more handsome, if that's even possible. Or maybe it's because it's been long since I last saw him.

"At least you're here now," I exhale, feeling content.

"How about we order food and watch Rapunzel?"

"Yes, finally something is back to normal," I joke as I walk towards the kitchen telephone. A part of me is telling me that things are about to change, but another is telling me to stick with my initial goal.

"I've been stuck in Europe with my parents. I spoke so much about you that they asked me to bring you with me next time," he says with a light chuckle.