Chapter 8

3 weeks later, Ezekiel and Johanna were at the wedding, sitting in white chairs. Johanna was still a little sad but happy for her sister. Her boyfriend lovingly comforted her as usual.

"I love you, my princess." He whispered, stroking her hair and wrapping arms around her.. The girl bitterly smiled back and tried to wipe back tears as her sister started to walk down the aisle with soft gentle music playing. She looked beautiful with her elegant brown hair waving down, framing her face while wearing a nice white wedding dress with white flowery crown.

I am so proud of my sis... and next will be my wedding.. Johanna thought dazedly looking up at her boyfriend. Her sister made it up to the groom, wearing a white shirt sitting comfortably under tan vest, black tie and tan pants.. The priest spoke out his speech.

"We gather here to unite this lovely couple in marriage.. Today they declare their private devotion to each other with essence of commitment, loyalty, love, friendship  and companionship. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams.
It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be
loving and unselfish. Evelyn do you promise to love David with honor, encourage him and stand with him through all the ups and downs?"

"I do." Evelyn quietly spoke with loving tone.

"David do you promise to love Evelyn with honor, encourage him and stand with her through all the ups and downs?"

"I do." David also replied with passion in his voice.

"You will now live with love and harmony, uniting together as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." 

Johanna watched with awe as her wonderful sister kissed him passionately, concluding with whoops and cheers of the audience

After the wedding service, she and her boyfriend came up to Evelyn and David to congratulate them.

"Your wedding brought happy tears to my eyes! It was beautiful.." She spoke, with joy and love to her sister.

Evelyn smiled and hugged Johanna. "Thank you so much, sis. I hope you are ok now.."

"I am, your wedding took my mind off of him.." She started talking with slight sadness, a tear rolled down her eye..

Evelyn hugged her again. She knew about the black dog as her sister came to stay with her for the wedding. Meanwhile, their cousin and 6 year old daughter, Millie also came and hugged the bride. The young Child had been really happy since she got a new little white kitten, whom she called Angel.

"Hello, congrats Evy!" She exclaimed, eyes sparkling with joy as she gave her a great big hug.

Evelyn, Johanna and her mother laughed.

After the wedding, the bride and groom went home with her guests, Millie, her mother, Johanna and Ezekiel. The child was lying on the floor playing with her kitten that she had recently got.

"That kitten you got yesterday definitely made her so much happy.. I am really happy for you both, Danielle." Evelyn spoke, starting conversation.

"Yes, it has definitely made her smile again.. The kitten slept with her in bed last night."

"That is quite adorable. Me and my boyfriend were thinking about adopting that black dog if he had survived.." Johanna interrupted.

Millie heard the conversation and remembered something, her kitten even appeared to have had her ears pricked and meowed.. The sign on her kitten's door read that she was found with a black dog but he had escaped the same day they caught it.. 

"What did the dog look like?" She asked, turning serious all of a sudden..

Johanna gazed at the girl with a puzzled expression, wondering why she was suddenly so interested.

"He appeared to have pointy ears and was all black, looked similar to a wolf or German Shepherd."

Angel, the kitten became distressed, meowing hysterically. Millie gasped and cuddled with her kitten..

"I am so sorry, Angel.."

Danielle, Evelyn and Johanna became worried..

"What is wrong with her?" Johanna exclaimed, worriedly.. Did something happen? Did she get a sick kitten?

Danielle's face then changed as if she also realized something.. "I think I know the problem.. I read the sign on the kitten's wall.. It said she was found with a black dog, but he ran away when they were about to put him down. He was apparently quite aggressive. Millie must have read it too.."

Johanna and Evelyn gasped in shock.. while watching the poor kitten in distress.

Angel looked up at the humans staring down at her with a pitied look on their faces.. She felt like she had lost her best friend.. Kuroo... nooo.. You were supposed to have had a home like me.. Why..?

"Call the nurse and see if she has a photo of the dog.. Maybe.. it is not him.."  Danielle told Johanna, not wanting her child or the kitten to be sad because of this..

Johanna faintly nodded and called.. while the rest of the family listened and watched, hoping it was good news. To their relief, a voice was heard on the other side.

"H-hello, nurse Margeret.. It is Johanna calling.." She spoke quietly on the phone.

"I was wondering.. if you had a photo of that black dog? We have a bit of a dilemma here.." 

"Oh ok, thank you.." She answered the other person then hung up, turning to her family.

"She said that they took a photo of him after the surgery. She is sending it to me now." The girl quietly told her family.

Everyone's faces sighed with relief and hoped that the kitten would not recognize the dog. Angel was crying still, wondering if her best friend was ok..

Johanna's phone received a message and made the picture full screen to show Millie's kitten.. She placed the phone right beside where the kitten was crying.. Once Angel noticed the picture, her head lowered in sadness and she cried.. then lay beside the picture. Millie, lowered her head too and came up to her kitten to cuddle her.. "I really am sorry.." The child started to cry too.

Angel looked up at the little girl, noticing how sad she was.. and remembered that she too had lost someone close to her.. "Millie.. I will always love you no matter what.. And Kuro.. I will always remember what you did for me.. and how we became best friends together.." Angel nuzzled the child and purred softly... as if telling her everything will be ok as long as they had each other.

 as if telling her everything will be ok as long as they had each other

Always remember to love animals and help them if they need it.. for they too deserve it as much as humans do..