Chapter 7

Alba thought about Kuro often, wondering if he was ok and safe.. She had been at the shelter for a few weeks and have gotten bigger. A few people came and got excited when seeing her but no adoptions yet.. What am I doing wrong? I hope Kuro has gotten better luck than me.. I really miss him.. She moped around, feeling sad and stopped trying to impress the humans.. Instead she lay at the corner, sleeping. 

One day, a young child came up to the door of her room, peering in with excited, loving eyes.. Alba yawned, already seeing this multiple times and not expecting anything different. The girl, brown haired, blue eyed, could feel the kitten's pain somehow and she went teary eyed..

"I.. know you are hurting.." Her small hands crept through the gaps of the doors, keeping it steady and gentle..

Mhm so unusual. She is the most mature human child I ever met.. Alba thought with curiosity. She too, stretched and yawned first, then quietly walked over to the girl's hands and looked into her eyes as if peering into her soul. This child had the same pain as hers!? The kitten cocked her head to the side, confused.

The girl noticed the kitten's movement and could tell what it meant. Tears begun to stream down her face as she decided to tell Alba.

"I lost my twin sister in an accident this year.." She whispered, only allowing the kitten to hear.

Alba was shocked. "Oh.. you poor girl.. I wish you could understand me so I can comfort you right now.." She meowed quietly to the child.

The child's mother finally came up to her daughter and notices she is crying.

"Millie!" She cried and bent down to embrace her with a warm hug. "I'm always here for you my beautiful angel."

"Mommy, I know. I love you.." The girl spoke through her tears, hugging her mother back.

Millie calmly dried her tears and pointed towards the little white kitten, Alba.

"Can I have this kitten, please?" Her eyes looked up at her with pleading eyes..

"Of course! She looks cute.." She smiled, a slight sadness in her tone, hoping that the kitten will help make her happy.

Alba quietly meowed as she saw the mother talk to one of the shelter's staff. Am I being adopted? She got excited. Millie and Alba understood each other and both felt like they needed each other after the pain they have been through.

"Yaay, mommy and I are adopting you!" The child cried with happiness as the staff lady picked up the kitten and gave it to Millie. She embraced Alba just as her mother did moments before..

"What would you like to name her?" The lady smiled at Millie, as she too was happy to see another cat being adopted.

"I want to name her... Angel because she is an angel to me.." The girl continued hugging the kitten until having to put her into a crate..

Alba purred and meowed with happiness as she lay down feeling at peace.. Aww I love my new name.. and I will forever love you.. 

Meanwhile, a young 21 year old, brown haired, brown eyed girl was also looking to adopt a loving companion. It was her first dog so she was excited, knowing how loyal dogs can be.. Walking through the corridor, she looked at the dogs with awe.. They are so cute! She thought, passionately. Although most of the dogs were barking a lot and she did not want a noisy dog to disturb with her music as she was a singer-songwriter.

Suddenly, the girl caught sight of the dog that Kuro talked to before.. An adorable, lovable looking dog. Mainly brown with bits of white and black fur. His big dark brown eyes pierced into her soul, looking at her as if they were meant to be. She read the sign in front of the door and it read. 2 year old male, found tied up on a horse property with no signs of owner. Starved and dehydrated surrounded in his own urine and faeces.

"Aww, you poor thing.." She sadly muttered and held her hand out to him.. He quietly sniffed her hand then licked it gently.. making her melt with joy... "Don't worry, boy, I will give you a great home.."

As she left to speak to a shelter staff, the dog looked at her with sad eyes as if he thought that she was leaving. Alas, the young girl came back with the staff to his joy.. His tail slightly started wagging showing that he was getting excited. She pointed towards the dog. "Would he be good for traveling often?"

"Yes.. He is very gentle and gets along well with other dogs and cats so never barks at them.. He will be a great companion." The man replied back, helping out.

"Thank you.. I would like to adopt him.."

"Certainly, please sign this form before you adopt." The staff man kindly told her, handing out a sheet of paper.

"Sure, thank you." She beamed back, politely and started filling it out. After a few minutes, handed the form back to the man, who read back through it carefully.

"Alright, Liz, Brownie is now yours.. Very cute name you chose. I think it suits him." He smiled, grabbing a leash and collar to place on the dog.

"Thank you. He reminded me of someone.." She lovingly gazed at her new pet and hugged him, letting Brownie kiss her all over with happiness. The two walked out of the shelter together, around the same time as Alba did with her new family.. Brownie was very gentle with Liz to her content and joy.. He walked beside her, always looking up to see his new owner..

I am forever grateful to you and will always remain by your side.. my angel.. Brownie thought with compassion in his heart.. It was a joy he had never felt before..

Both of the animals ended up in a loving home with great owners and a new adventure that continues to await them as their beautiful journey finally begins. When an animal gets adopted and is fully appreciated, they will begin to love you as they knew such hardships before.. Loving you and being content, is showing you how grateful they are for you saving their life and bringing joy into it.. Of course, all animals show love in different ways. Be patient with timid, shy ones, and their love will also begin to show just as much as the bold ones.