Chapter 3

Kuro continued running as fast as he could, eventually losing the men who were chasing him as he crept into the same old town and crawled into the sewers.. It was too small for the men to fit in it so he continued going down the sewers, making it darker and darker. Finally after what felt like a long time, light started to appear again.. The dog cautiously stepped towards the light, making sure that the men were not there.. There were no sounds or talking.. so reluctantly stepped out and he was relieved to see no one around. 

He went out of the town and went a different way to avoid being captured again.. On his way, he saw that same kitten being chased by a pack of wild dogs.. 

RIP kitty..  Kuro thought in his mind.. but then flashbacks of his siblings deaths appeared..  He felt some sort of pity towards this young cat.. and ran over to the kitten, picking her up in his mouth.. 

"Heyy!! That's our lunch!!" The aggressive dogs shouted behind.. 

"Um.. W-what are you doing!?" The kitten also shouted at Kuro.. 

A train roared in the distance after an hour. Kuro ran towards it, catching up and jumping into an open carriage, plopping the kitten down..  The pack of dogs stopped running as the train was too fast for them. 

"D-did you save me.. ?" The young kitten spoke to Kuro.. Her small body was covered in bleeding wounds.. 

"Yes.. But I can not look after you forever.." The black dog strictly spoke. 

"T-those dogs said they a-ate my ... brother." She cried. 

"I guess he was too weak.. Only the strong can survive this world.." Kuro muttered, turning his head away.. 

The kitten got mad.. "Well.. he was still my brother!.. And if you say that, why did you even bother saving me!?.." She was about to jump off the train when Kuro spoke.. in a more gentle but sad manner.. 

"I saved you because.. I did not want to see anyone else die." 

She stared, wide eyed at him.."Oh... I-I am sorry..."  

The rest of the train ride was silent as they did not know what to say to each other.. Finally, it halted to a stop into a really busy city.. Kuro got off and left the kitten again but this time.. the kitten hastily followed behind. 

"Why are you following me?" He sneered at the white female. 

"I.. am scared to be alone... So many... dogs..." 

Kuro sighed.. "Fine.. but you have to learn how to protect yourself too.. Now.. give me your name.." 

The kitten jumped with joy.. "My name is Alba.." She said, nudging the black dog while purring..

He, annoyed, stepped away from Alba.. "Ok Alba... Please do not purr.." 

Alba giggled.. "Oops sorry.. I was feeling happy.." 

Kuro and Alba continued their journey together from that day on as two very different species with similar circumstances. The city they found themselves in was so big that there were a lot more dangers lying around. But Kuro's biggest danger was those men still searching for him... 

Rocco was looking at a map.. his face full of anger.. 

"Jax! Get here!" He shouted, demandingly. 

The brown haired man came running hurriedly. "You found something?" 

"Mhm.. Diesel saw that black dog jump onto a moving train and I think I know where the train stopped at.." He grinned, looking sly.. 

Jax also grinned, then called his big 132 pound (60kg) Rottweiler. 

"Good boy Diesel!" He gave him a small piece of meat for reward.. 

"Command him to bring my dog to me! He will be mine and I will tame him!!" Rocco demanded at both Jax and Diesel.. 

Jax gave hand signals to his dog, while Rocco pointed at a spot on his map and Diesel immediately obeyed, running towards his destination. But first, he needed a pack to help him succeed in his special mission. 

He ran on his strong powerful legs and scent.. leading him to a den in the forest.. The wild dogs that had chased Alba surrounded, snarling and barring teeth.. Diesel stood firmly. 

"What are you doing on our territory!!?" Their mouths were covered with drool and saliva to show who was the real boss... The pack leader standing in front.. facing the Rottweiler. 

"I think I can give you revenge... Do you remember the black dog that took your dinner away? I am looking for him.." Diesel spoke in a deep sly voice.. 

The leader commanded his pack to stop growling and turned back to him. "What can we do with that dog? He deserves to be punished!" 

"Well.. I might allow you to hurt him but you must not kill him... Our leader wants him for himself.."  

"Fine.. You got yourself a deal! We might enjoy hurting the kitten also before eating it!" Pack leader sneered, licking his lips..

Diesel lead the pack of dogs towards the big city... Kuro and Alba unaware of what they were about to face...   

As Kuro and Alba continued walking through the large gravel roads and pavements amongst the large towered city buildings, it started raining.. Alba hissed and ran under shelter, screeching and freaking out... 

Kuro stared at her in disbelief.. Damn cats... He sighed, going under cover with her..  His eyes pierced into hers, as if.. 'what the heck was that?' Alba wrapped herself in a ball, feeling shy after what just happened..  

"So.. are we just going to stay here and starve to death today..?" He quietly spoke, trying not to sound annoyed after being disrupted.. The little white kitten slowly lifted her head up... "I.. am not sure?... hehehe..." 

"Mhm.. Ok..." He sighed, frustratedly.. 

"I can.. help if you want... Maybe I can find food under shelter." She suggested.. 

"How?" Kuro asked, curiously.. 

"Oh.. I will show you." The kitten jumped up over the awnings of the big city building and continued doing so until slipping into a barely opened window about 30 stories high...