The Number Killer Chapter 4

AUTHORS NOTE AT BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knock Knock

“Hello sir, My Name Is Rachel. I am here to see Adam Knells.”

“I am sorry Dear, I am afraid you just missed him. Can I get a phone number for him to contact you?”

“Yeah. My Name is Rachel Dunlap and you can reach me at my cell phone number, Here let me write it down.”

I handed him the small white piece of paper, and began to take a step back to meet Derrick at the car.

“Rachel, Is your mom Kelley?”

“Yeah, Why?”

“ I went to school with her.”

“Oh Ill tell her you said hi. What’s your name?”

“George.”

“Thanks. Have a Nice Day.”

“You To Miss. Dunlap.”

I turned around and walked down the red cobble stone to the police car.

Derrick walked around and opened the door for me.

“Wow, your such a gentleman.”

I saw him blush before he walked back around the car. He was kind of cute, but I didn’t go for older men. He proudly had a beautiful wife at home and two perfect children. But something looked Familiar about him, and I was determined to figure it out. He got in the car and started pulling away from the house.

“Did he say anything?”

“No, the butler opened the door and said Adam wasn’t home. I gave him my cell phone number to call me.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, so now do you believe me about the numbers connecting?”

“I do. And the sad thing is sometimes I don’t want to believe something when its right in front of me. Jon’s Number was 987 which lead us to the house of Molly where they found 787. That then lead us to The kisser family and I have the best people trying to find the next number.”

“That’s good.”

“Is it okay if I drop you off at your house?”

“Yeah, no one is home. Mom Went with Alexis to Babies R Us to find some stuff for Hennery.”

“Is it a good idea for you to be a lone?”

“Yeah If I need anything I will just call you.”

“Okay. I will call you if we find the number.”

“Okay.”

The car came to a complete stop in front of my house. It felt so strange to be here. I looked over at The Kisser house to see the police coming in and out.

“Are you sure your okay?”

“I am as fine as I will ever be.”

I reached down for the door handle and took a step out. I shut the door and waved goodbye. I went through my purse to find my keys.

“Hey Rachel.”

“Oh, Amira you scared me.”

“Oh sorry Rachel. I didn’t mean to.”

“Its fine. How are you I haven’t seen you forever.”

“I’ve been good. I came down from college for awhile to stay with my parents.”