The Number Killer Chapter 2

The news came on and they started talking about the two deaths. Molly O’Donnell was found brutally murdered at her residents. Police also reported that there might be another serial killer stalking the old town of Winchester. Notes were found with both victims. The first, found was Jon Greene, containing three numbers 987. And with Molly O’Donnell 787. Can these numbers tell us who the Winchesters Ghost next victim is?

“Girls, you shouldn’t be watching stuff like that.”

“But mom.”

“No buts, go upstairs. School is cancelled until they find out who this person is.”

“What are we supposed to do all day?”

“How about you clean your room, do your laundry, and give the dog a bathe.”

“Fine.”

Mom always won these fights. She would just leave me there standing like a total idiot.

“I have to go to work now, so Alexis you’re in charge.”

“Okay mom.”

“I love you guys.”

“Love you too.” We said it at the same time

You could tell me and Alexis were sisters. We had the same long blonde hair. We were both tall and we had the same father. Our Dad left when I was 3. I never really knew him through. Mom says were better off through, but you can tell she’s struggling. I woke up from my dream when mom slammed the door shut.

“What do you want to do?”

“Watch the news.”

“Okay, but didn’t mom say to go upstairs.”

“Yeah, so.”

“Okay.”

We turned the news back on, but all there was were stories about graffiti. Nothing about the old Winchester Ghost. First I heard the siren and thought it was just my imagination, and then I realized it was a police car and an ambulance. I looked at Alexis then we both ran to the door. I opened it and looked to see where they went. I found them across the street at the Kisser residence. I rushed over to the police officer and asked what happened.

“We got a call from Mr. Kisser at 12:09 p.m. saying that he heard someone is his house. We then asked if anyone that should be there was there. He immediately hung up the phone. Then at 1:09 he called back saying that someone was there and now were here and the other police officer is trying to locate him.”

“May I ask you a few questions miss…?”

“It’s Miss.Dunlap.”

“Miss. Dunlap. Did you hear anything out of the unusual?”

“No.”

“Is that girl over there related to you?”

“Yes that’s my older sister Alexis.”

“What house is yours?”

“The one right across the road.”

“You didn’t hear anything, is that correct.”

“That’s correct.”

“If you remember anything give me a call.”

He handed me a card. His name was Derrick Whitty. That name sounded familiar. I was just about to walk back to the house, when I heard another ambulance coming down the road. I went and joined Alexis. The ambulance people unloaded the gurney and took it inside.