The Number Killer Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Rachel’s P.O.V

I ran out of the house and into my car as fast as humanly possible. I couldn’t think Straight anymore.

Derricks been shot and he’s at the hospital rang in my head from Alexis.

I made the familiar turn into the hospital emergency room parking lot and parked. I dashed into the ER and over to the receptionist.

“Is a Derrick Whitty here?” I asked.

“Are you immediate family?” She replied.

“No, I’m…” I couldn’t finish the sentence I didn’t know what I was to him. After everything that’s happened I didn’t know what I was to him.

“She’s with me.”

I looked over to see the head of police standing there waving for me to come over.

Thank god he saw me. I honestly don’t have good luck when it comes to hospital receptionists.

“Where’s Derrick? Is he okay?” I asked hoping the answers would be good.

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?” He said with a smile leading me to an open door.

I peaked my head inside and saw someone laying in the bed.

“Derrick?” I said.

“Rachel. I’m so glad you’re here.” He said trying to sit up.

I noticed how hard he was trying to get up. He has to be hurting a lot.

“What happened?” I asked not knowing if I wanted to know the truth.

“It’s nothing really Rachel. I was dispatched to a domestic dispute between a man and his wife and when I showed up and went into the house the man went to shoot the wife but I went to go in front of her and the bullet grazed my shoulder. Nothing major just needed some stitches and an arm sling for a while.” He said.

“Oh so nothing major. Okay.” I said with a sarcastic tone. Nothing was ever major to Derrick. He could be bleeding to death and say Oh it’s just a scratch.

“I’m fine Rachel. Seriously. They are just going to get my discharge papers and I’m outta here.” He said smiling.

Man his smile could make me smile even though I was still upset with him.

I went over to the other side of the bed to help him up.

“You want to know something?” I asked.

“Sure.” He replied.

“I’m really glad you aren’t you know badly injured.” I said as he stood up.

“You want to know something too?” He said

“Sure.” I replied.

“I’m glad I’m not you know badly injured either.” He said while letting out a laugh.

I haven’t seen him actually smile like this in a while. I liked his smile, no I loved his smile.

“You want to know something else?” He asked while leaning a little closer.

My Heart started to race.

“What?” I managed to say.

“I really like this girl...” He said.

“Oh. What is she like?” I asked.

He stepped closer to me and closed the small gap that was between us.

“Well she’s this really cute girl.” He said.

“Well she sounds nice.” I said.

“She is really nice. She’s also very smart.” He said

He reached down and put his hand under my chin and lifted it so that my gaze met his.

“You want to know who she is.” He asked

“Yes.” I said.

“That amazing girl is you, Rachel Dunlap.”

And with that our lips crashed together

Authors Note

Ahhh!! So how did you guys like that cliffhanger? But don’t worry another chapter will be coming soon as long as you remember to vote and comment telling me what you liked or even didn’t like. I also wanted to take a chance and say that I am so sorry Ive been missing for a long time on this story and that its so short. I haven’t been in the mood to write, personal issues with friends and family. But no worries I am back and plan to update more. So thank you guys for reading, I wouldn’t be doing this without you guys!! (: