12-Loss

"Oh my God" is what I hear when the helicarrier is blasted and we are all thrown. I feel my body knock into a wall, and watch as Natasha and Bruce fall through the hole that had appeared from the blast.
Steve then looks at Tony, "put on the suit"

"Yep" he agrees as Steve helps him up. The three of us then run out of the room.
"You okay" Steve asks me.
"Never better" I reply as we run through the debris and the power flickers.
"Find engine three. I'll meet you there" Tony tells us and he goes into a room.

"Go, I've got to find Natasha" I tell him.
"Be careful" he says.
"I'll try to if you promise to" I smile at him.
"Not sure I can ma'am" he says.
"Told you before no need to call me ma'am" I smile as we go out separate ways.

I run through the debris helping anyone I see in need. It is chaos everywhere and out of nowhere I hear the roaring of the Hulk. "Shit" I say as I spot some weapons and an earpiece near by. I grab them and put the earpiece on and touch it, "Romanoff come in," I hear nothing. "Black Widow do you copy" I still get no response and I make my way down below hoping to find my friend in one piece.

I follow the noise of destruction and turn down a corridor to see Nat being chased. "Nat, duck" I shout as I create a ball of energy and blast it as the green monster. It does nothing but make the situation worse and he roars. He continues to chase her when he makes contact causing her to fly and crash into a near by crate. I start to move toward her when I see the Hulk do the same. I pause and I see a look on Natasha's face I have never seen before. It's a look of terror and Hulk goes to hit her when Thor flies through and grabs him.

Once they are gone I slowly make my way to Natasha. She still looks scared and I kneel down beside her. I put my arms around her and pull her close, "it's okay, you are okay" I say. I have never seen her this vulnerable before.
"Don't you dare tell anyone about this" she then says.
"Our secret" I say smiling back at her.

"It's Barton, he's headed for the detention level. Does anyone copy" we hear Nick say through the ear pieces.
"This is Agent Austin, I'm with Romanoff we copy" I say back to the director.
"You okay?" I ask her.
"Let's go save our friend" she gets up and I do to.

We head off hoping to save Clint. We make our way onto a catwalk when we spot him. Nat quietly moves behind him when he turns and points an arrow at her. She manages to knock it out of his hand and I drop down behind him. He then goes to attack and we all end up in hand to hand combat. I swing at him and he blocks it with his arm, I then pull at him and knee him in the stomach before flipping him over. I don't use my powers scared of hurting him. He gets back up and I go to punch him again when he ducks and then spin kicks me knocking me down. I slip on the catwalk and hold onto the ledge. Just as I go to pull myself back up both Clint and Natasha jump down.

"Well then," I say and let go joining them again. I land and Natasha manages to hit Clint's face knocking him back and into the railing. He tried to get up and looks at Natasha and I confused, "Cassie...Natasha". I then manage to create a small ball of energy and knock him out for good.

"You okay?" I ask Natasha.
"Umm yeah" she says as she then touches her earpiece. "Romanaoff here we have Barton. Equipment room"
"Medical on their way" we hear an agent reply back.
"Do you want to talk about earlier?" I ask her.
"Nope" she responds bluntly.

"If you ever want to. I'm here for you, you know that" I tell her as agents showed up
Just then we hear Fury and other agents through our ear pieces, "Agent Coulson is down" "Paramedics on their way" "they're here" we hear Nick say back. I just look at Natasha as Barton is taken away. "They called it" we then hear Fury say and my heart sinks.

 "They called it" we then hear Fury say and my heart sinks

I feel my body shake and anger rise inside me. Balls of energy form in my hands and I blast them away and scream in frustration.
"You going to be okay? I'm going to go with Clint?" I hear Natasha say.
"Yeah, yeah I'll head to the bridge and see what's been going on" I tell her. She gives me a quick hug then walks away. I slowly make my way to the bridge, so many things running through my mind. When I arrive I see Tony and Steve changed out of their uniforms and seated at the conference table.

A solemn look on both of their faces and I take a seat beside Steve. I feel the tears slide down my cheeks as I feel the loss of my friend. I feel a hand to on my arm and look at Steve half smiling as he rubs my arm to comfort me. I don't know what to say my body feeling numb, but seeing Steve beside me, trying to comfort me I start to feel something.