5-Telling the Truth

I awoke early the next day and get dressed into my casual jeans and long sleeve blue stripped top. I grab my navy jacket and slip on my ankle boots, grabbing my bag and anything else I need. Once I have gathered everything I think I need, I leave the apartment. I head off for my car and go towards SHIELD headquarters. I pull into headquarters and get out of my car and head inside. As soon as I go in I hear everyone begin to whisper, looks of surprise on their faces that I'm back. The memories begin to come sweeping back of my time as an agent and part of me kinda missed it.

"Aww Agent Austin the director told me you were coming" I hear a very old and familiar voice say. I turn to see Phil Coulson coming toward me. "Captain Rogers is already waiting on the jet"
"Hello to you too Agent Coulson" I say as I give him a hug.
"I missed you Cassandra" he says as we break the hug.
"You must be excited to finally meet Captain America" I say as we walk off towards the tarmac.
"Just a little" he smiles at me. We go to the jet and I see Steve standing inside waiting.

"Cassandra?" He says when he sees me walk on board.
"Hey Steve" I smile back at him.
"Why are you here?" He asks me, I can see he's upset.
"I used to work for SHIELD, I didn't when I met you, but that is a really long complicated story for another time " I tell him.
"We are about to take off" Phil then informs us. We sit down and the jet takes off.

"So who else is Fury getting?" I ask Phil.
"Romanoff, Dr Bruce Banner" he tells me.
"What happened to cause all of this?" I ask.
"A guy named Loki stole the tesseract and he put a spell on Selvig and he got Barton" he tells me.
"How the hell did he get Clint?" I ask.
"He's magical staff thing mind controlled Barton" Coulson tells me.
"He's not gonna like that if we ever get him back" I say.

"Who's Dr Banner?" Steve then asks.
"This guy" Phil then hands Steve a tablet and had pulled up footage for Dr Banner as the Hulk.
 Phil's pulls headphone on and begins to type away at the he computer. I watch as Steve looks over the footage. "How did he become like this?" Steve asks me.

"He tried to find a way to replicate the formula used on you and it went wrong" I say to him.
"We are forty minutes out from base sir" we hear the pilot inform Coulson. He gets up and walks over to us.

"So, this Dr Banner was trying to replicate he serum that was used on me?" Steve says to Phil.
"A lot of people were. You were the worlds first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula" Phil tells him.

"Didn't really go his way did it" Steve says.
"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guys like a Stephen Hawking" Phil's lets him know. Steve looks at us confused by the description.
"He's like a smart person" I say to him.
"I gotta say it's an honour to meet you, officially"Phil says to Steve, who just smiles

"I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping" I hear Phil continue to say

"I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping" I hear Phil continue to say. I try not to laugh at what he is saying and decide to get up and walk towards the front of the jet. I hear Phil continue to humiliate himself in front of Steve and then hear them walk towards me.  "It's really, it's just...it's just a huge honour to have you on board" Phil says.

"Well I hope I am the man for the job" Steve tells him.
"Oh, you are. Absolutely. Uh.. we made some modifications to he uniform. I had a little design input." Phil tells him.

"The uniform. Aren't the star and stripes a little old fashioned" Steve asks him.
"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned" Phil tells him.

Steve looks out the front of the jet as we get closer to our destination. "Almost there" the pilot informs us . We then go to sit back down.
"So how are you handling all this?" I ask Steve.

"It's a lot to take in and getting back into doing a mission is going to take some getting use to" he tells me.
"I think you will do great." I smile at him.  "I mean you are the first real superhero, this should be like riding a bike" I joke with him.
"Yeah, I guess it could be" he smiles at me.
The jet then begins to descend and then lands with a thud that knocks me into Steve.
"You okay" he asks as he catches me.

"Yeah, sorry lost my balance" I say shyly say to him. He holds onto me for a second before I pull away my face flushing with embarrassment.The back hatch opens and we both get up and follow Agent Coulson off the jet and onto a helicarrier and a smile forms on my face at seeing who's waiting for us.

The back hatch opens and we both get up and follow Agent Coulson off the jet and onto a helicarrier and a smile forms on my face at seeing who's waiting for us