Chapter 5

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait everyone. Life has been a little hectic. Thanks to Stacey 73 for the review and PM as well as pourquoibella for your review!

Here is the next installment of Restoration. This chapter was broken down into two parts, but do not fret Rick lovers, the next part is almost complete. Don’t forget to drop me a review; give me that motivation! :)

Note: This story is Rated M for a reason; Rape and Vulgar language are in this chapter. It’s rather dark. You've be warned.

Restoration: Chapter 5

All eyes were fixated intently on Alexis as she abruptly got to her feet, nearly catching a foot on the chair’s leg as she backed away from the table.

“Alexis?” Rick said with concern as he slowly stood from his chair.

Alexis pressed a palm to her forehead, dramatically.

“No, no, no, no.” Alexis whimpered, suddenly feeling as if her heart had leapt up into her throat and was fluttering around wildly like a bird trying to escape its cage. “He’s here. He found me, he found me!”

Everyone quickly stood from their seats and turned in the direction she was fixated on and readied themselves in case of an attack.

Rick stilled, searching the area for signs of the trespasser, but there was nothing.  Even if he had tried to conceal himself he would have at least alerted the walkers that he was near by, but there was nothing. It appeared her brain was so emotionally unstable that she was now seeing things.

“Everyone, calm down.” He ordered, holstering his weapon before turning his attention back to Alexis. “She’s hallucinating.”

She was gasping for breath, but didn’t seem to be drawing any air. She was breathing too fast and too shallowly, and Rick knew she was  in danger of hyperventilating.

“You need to calm down, breathe in slowly.” Rick said.

The woman gave no indication that she heard a word of what he had said. But Alexis knew she had to get control of herself, quickly, starting with her manic breathing. She was gasping, sucking in great lungfuls, yet she couldn’t seem to get enough air. The deeper and faster she inhaled, the dizzier she became.

Rick moved towards Alexis and stood in front of her.

“Who do you see?”

She didn’t acknowledge him, and although he had entered her light of sight, her gaze had somehow shifted above and to one side of him without him being aware of the moment when it happened.

“I need you to tell me who it is you see.”

She didn’t answer.

He waited.

Now she closed her eyes. Opened them at once. She didn’t want to see him, looming and handsome with his nice smile, dry bloodstains on his clothes and nothing disturbing in his eyes. But she didn’t look away.

“V-Victor,” She gasped.

Rick stooped down, lowering  his face toward Alexis’s

“I don’t see Victor,” He said. “But I believe that you do.”

“Don’t let him take me,” As she spoke, she broke down again, fresh sobs wracking her small frame. Everyone remained silent, their faces pinched with worry. “You can’t let him take me. I can’t...I can’t go back there. The pain...it’s too much.”