Chapter 13

A/N: I'm just blown away on how many reviews I got from the previous chapter along with the favorites/follows. Thanks to Stacey73, Angelicedg, tatyasdias, LPD2, Jennie68, Katarzyna88gb, msgemgem, and Emmakellogg for your amazing reviews along with those who favorite/followed. You guys are simply amazing! *Hugs*

I know we're only twelve chapters in, and I'm aware how slow it's kinda progressing. But I had to make sure not to rush her development. What Alexis went through, what she experienced cannot be turned off like a flip of a switch. Though I'm excited because in these next upcoming chapters we're going to see her character develop a lot more. She will come across some obstacles and she will have to make a decision. Okay, enough spoiling.  Here is the next installment of Restoration.

Enjoy! Rated M for mature.

Restoration: Chapter 13

"So, Vasquez is dead." He said to the many guards about him.

Ivan stepped up beside Victor and whispered something in his ear.                                               

Victor turned around to look at one of his men in the corner of the room, the man looked like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"You were on lookout today, correct?"

"Y-yes."

"Then where were you when Vasquez had the woman in his custody?" Seriousness darkened his gaze and he took a step closer, pointing at him.

"I didn't see them, sir. I'm sorry."

He shot him a chilling look, his lip curled into a snarl.

"You didn't see them?" He raised his voice, directing his venom at him.

"I must've been taking a piss when he made it out with her."

A very tense moment passed. Victor looked around. He had an idea. He pulled a length of cable from one of the winches and threw the line over one of the ceiling buttresses. He grabbed the cable as it came down and gestured Ivan to retrieve the guard.  

"I'm so sorry. No, don't. We can work this out. Please, don't do this."

Ivan grabbed Wes and dragged him kicking, fighting, over to where Victor stood, brandishing the cable.

"Aw, shut up." Ivan said.

"Please, Victor, don't do this." The man pleaded.

Victor hooked the end into a noose with the tow hook, and placed it over Wes's head, pulling it taut around his neck. The man dug at the cable with his fingers.

"Let this be a lesson to every single one of you here in this room. When you're assigned a job by me I expect results." Victor threatened. "String him up."