Chapter 13 Pride goeth before a war

Kayla

I lay there staring at the ceiling while my roomate Courtney is softly snoring. I'm so conflicted, the sharpened key is calling my name like a siren calls for sailors in the night. I got off lucky because I told them what I used to cut. bwah hah hah ha yeah right! So I can't walk to sessions anymore unless I have supervision or a person Level 4 or over walk with me. Fosters comunity and trust in one another bullshit. I'm just glad I didn't have to go back to being monitored in my sleep. Creepy assed mother fuckers!

I don't know, aside from what I cut with, my session was as real as a heart attack, I was truthful with her and it felt good. I had a sliver, however small, of pride in myself for doing the right thing at least once while I was here. 

I turned over to face the wall. The hall lights stayed on but it WAS pretty nice here, they didn't shine a flashlight in your eyes when they checked if you were still there, they just peeked in and let the light from the hall seep into the room like tea in boiling water, if your face was somehow covered up, they would peel back the blanket. It only scared the shit out of me the first few times. What? I like to sleep with my sheet over my eyes to keep the boogeyman away.

Maple house was pretty amazing I have to admit. It was for ages 16-20 (sometimes a bit older if they didn't fit in the other ED house) and it looked very much like a real house except there were a crazy amount of bedrooms, 2 kitchens (one for girls who were further one who could make their own breakfast) and one for everyone else to get coffee or tea (which were monitored so you weren't flying high on caffeine) or juices, milk (ew) and snacks, which nobody ate.

There were a few meeting rooms, one where we had our morning reflection and check in before breakfast. One where we would sometimes get a special guest, usually an alumni who had "courageously won their battle with whatever demon-du-jour they had" which was super boring most of the time. There is a small room with some music equipment that was all but unused until my roomate Courtney came along, girls got wicked skills man, if she has heard a song, she can generally figure it out in one or two visits.

During the evening we can go pretty much anywhere in the house, some of the girls like to hang out in the living rooms, there is a ban on most media unless we are talking about it in group about how unrealistic it is blah blah blah. So the girls tend to watch the same fucking Disney movies over and over. Girl gets in moral peril, boy saves girl, live happily ever after shit. There is a little corner of the room that has books in it and some comfy chairs, that is where Courtney and I hang out when we aren't in the music "room", it's really more of a closet actually.

I sigh, flipping over again. I can't get comfortable, my neck and jaw is kinda sore, must have been holding it oddly trying not to sleep while Abigail lectured me after dinner. Man that girl is wwaaayyy to tightly spun!!

I think about the letter I'm gonna mail to my brother tomorrow and the meeting with Sidi, I can deal with whatever she dishes out tomorrow. BRING. IT. ON.

I slowly fall asleep while I'm thinking of all the things I want to say to her