eighty nine

sherlock got a room in the same hotel that john did, but made sure he wasn't on the same floor as all the other players. he watched the game, sitting through all of it because he was just so into seeing john running around the field in his rugby shorts and the way he looked covered in dirt and sweat made sherlock's heart beat increase. after the game, sherlock headed back to the hotel, sending john a text to come by once he was free.

it wasn't until around eight thirty when john arrived. he looked around him, knowing that the guys were still trying to find out who he was talking to and that they were onto him because he skipped team dinner. he smiled when sherlock opened the door, stepping in and giving him a kiss.

"you sat through the game. i'm surprised." john kissed sherlock's neck.

sherlock hummed, extending his neck as he kicked the door closed. "i missed seeing you in those rugby shorts." he gasped as john nipped his sweet spot.

"course you did." john looked at sherlock with a grin. then his grin faded when there was knocking at the door.

"we know you're in there, johnny!" collin shouted through the door. "can't escape that easily! open up!"

john sighed. "sorry." he apologized to sherlock.

"it's alright. you can't help it." sherlock said. "answer them."

john turned around, opening the door a crack to see collin and jason standing there with wide grins. "what?" john asked, annoyed. he kept the door closed to where only collin and jason could see him and not into the room.

"who's in there?" jason asked with a grin, trying to push the door open, but john stopped it from opening. "a nice gal,  perhaps. gotta get himself over sherlock some how." he said to collin, hitting his chest with the back of his hand.

"none of your business."

"are we going to have to use force, johnny?" collin asked with a grin.

john raised a brow and went to close the door, but collin put his foot in between the door and the frame, pushing it back open with the help of jason, causing john to stumble back some. both their grins faded when they saw sherlock standing there.

john sighed, running a hand through his hair as he stood next to sherlock. "you really get on my fucking nerves. the both of you."

"sorry, john. we were just messin'." collin said sincerely.

"yeah, we didn't think it would actually be sherlock." jason said. "sorry mate."

"i hope you are. now get the fuck out and i swear if you mention this to the any of the team i won't hesitate to beat the living shit out of you." john threatened, watching both of them nod then leave the hotel room.

"do people not know that you and i are talking?" sherlock asked.

john shook his head, sitting down on the bed. "they gave me so much shit the start of the season. said that i should be with a nice gal and not a boy." he sighed and looked at sherlock. "and i would've told them the first time they asked, but i just don't wanna deal with the shit they're going to give me."

"i understand." sherlock sat next to john. he placed a hand on john's knee, looking at him. "we should talk about us though."

"what about us?"

"what we are. what are we doing."

"what do you want to be?" john asked sherlock.

sherlock shrugged. "i mean, i feel like you're still mad at me about how i ended it and i want to be with you again. i wanted to be with you the day i broke up with you, but i knew that you were mad so i never bothered talking with you because i knew i would just fuck it up."

john placed his hand over sherlock's. "i want to be with you, too. i never got over you and i've grown over how you broke up with me so it's all fine."

sherlock smiled at john, feeling the butterflies in his stomach like the first night they spent together. "remember back in school when you had a game and i had the science fair, but instead of going home i stayed with you?" he asked.

john smiled at the memory. "how could i forget? the first time i kissed you."

a blush crept onto sherlock's face. "i brought my laptop."

"and i know where the snack bar is."

sherlock stood, only to be pulled back down by john, landing in his lap. "i love you." he said then pecked sherlock's lips.

"i love you, too." sherlock kissed john back, deeper this time.