seventy eight

john sat in the living room all day, only seeing sherlock when he stormed out of the flat. he lounged around, flipping through sherlock's text books or wondering around the kitchen for something to eat.

it wasn't until around six when sherlock came back. he stopped in the door way as he saw john sitting at the desk. "you're still here." he said as he took his coat off.

"course." john responded. "i'm not leaving over some stupid fight." he stood, folding his arms over his chest as he looked at sherlock. "where'd you go?"

"out." sherlock responded, toeing his shoes off before walking into the kitchen.

"you smell like smoke."  john said as he watched him walk down the corridor.

"had to handle my stress some how." sherlock said as he stepped into the bathroom, closing the door.

john went over to sherlock's coat and went through the pockets, discovering a carton of cigarettes and a lighter. he walked into shelrock's bedroom and went through the bathroom door in there. "why are you smoking?" he asked, tossing the carton and lighter into the sink where sherlock was standing.

"where you going through my stuff?" sherlock asked, looking at his arm as he covered a spot at his elbow with a band aid.

"what is that?" john asked, grabbing a hold of sherlock's wrist.

"nothing." sherlock said and pulled his arm away from john.

"no, it is something." john said and grabbed sherlock's arm again. he put force into holding sherlock still so he wasn't able to escape his grip this time. he took the band aid off and looked at the spot. "what the fuck, sherlock?" he asked. "did you fucking shoot up?"

sherlock pushed john away, jerking his arm away from him. he turned around and ran his hands through his hair, gripping at it. "just go home," he cried softly. "fucking leave."

john walked around sherlock and hugged him tightly, letting him cry into his shoulder. "i'm not leaving." he said strongly. "i'm fucking pissed off, but i'm not leaving." he kissed the boy's head.