18 Catch Me

Hey everyone! I hope you like it! It's four pages I believe b/c I spent a lot of time typing it up! I've finally finished it. Please vote if you liked it. It would mean a lot since so much effort was put into this! Love you all xx

I packed everything that didn't have any memories of Austin associated with them. I took a few blouses and jeans and a few pairs of shoes. I left all the dresses since they reminded me too much of this castle.

I looked at everything and decided to take out a pair of jeans and a few blouses. I was left with only a few but that was alright. I'd be back home in no time, anyways.

Before leaving, I glanced back. The room looked like no one had occupied it for the past couple of months. The only evidence was the clothes in the closet and the scarlet bed sheets.

Deciding it was time to go, I shouldered my duffle bag and shut the bedroom door. I then roamed my hall until I ran into a petite nurse who looked a bit older than me.

She had short black hair and green eyes with a sweet smile.

"Hello, madame. How can I help you?" She asked me sweetly.

I smiled in response, "I was looking for the library. Do you think you could point me in the right direction?" I asked.

She laughed, lightly. "I'll do more than show you the direction sweet heart. I'll take you there."

She smiled gracefully, turned her cart of towels around and began walking in the opposite direction. I was overwhelmed by her sweetness. Although she seemed to be almost my age, I knew that since she was a vampire she had to be quite old. Wisdom was present on her face. Maybe she felt bad for me since my face made me look so miserable. Or maybe she was just an overall amazing person.

Eventually, after twisting down many corridors and going down seven flights of stairs, we stopped in front of the wooden doors. I remembered Austin rushing me down to here. Sighing, I pushed open the doors after thanking the lady who had helped me. It would suck leaving these people behind.

I walked down a couple of shelves and just skimmed some titles. I remembered the conversation Austin and I had, where he admitted that Charlotte wasn't me, and that he didn't want to marry her. Although his words touched me, there was nothing I could do about it.

Giving up on trying to be independent, I asked a nearby librarian to show me where to find maps or any book that would show me the different castles here. She showed me around, but gave me a suspicious look when she realized I wasn't a vampire. I could feel her staring me down as I sat down at a faraway table with a stack of books.

For the next two hours, I sat alone trying to figure out which one Dmitri lived at.

I found several nearby castles. It had to be nearby since the drive to Dmitri's castle was short. I knew this because I remebered the castle where I had first met Dmitri in the game room. The way he was so confident over there, I knew it was the castle he lived in.

"Hmm..." I muttered to myself. I found a castle with shining lights. There was also a familiar looking balcony. It looked a lot like the balcony that Dmitri had taken me to when he tried to hurt me. Shivering at the memory, I took the address from the book, returned all the books and maps, and dashed out of the library.

I found my way a few floors up to the front hall, which meant the library had been in the baement. Huh.

How am I supposed to transport myself to the castle? I asked myself. Ugh, I didn't have any means of transportation.

At that very moment, as if by luck, a horse carriage shuffled past the castle. I saw them through the window in the front hall. There were two men in the carriage, and one was driving. They turned around the side of the castle. Grasping the opportunity, I quickly pushed open the castle doors and followed them. They passed the garden and were heading towards a stable that I had never noticed before. Gaurds in unifrom surrounded the stable. The carriage was let in after the driver briefly conversed with the guards.