4 Royalball

"Who's Miss Covington?" I asked him remembering my meet with the lady who looked like a maid or a servant - by her clothes and the way she bowed at me.

He stopped waking and turned to look at me shocked.

"WH-Why?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"N-Never mind," I said because of his shocked expression. "I'll explain later," And looked away.

He searched my face for a moment longer before nodding and turning away letting go of my arm. I hurried and caught up to him at his side. He led me to the hall with lots of space that he brought me in earlier. We stood in front another two large double doors. I could hear music and I sucked in a breath as he opened the doors. We stepped inside.

Here goes.

**

If I didn't know where I was, I'd actually think it was a dream. Still, I couldn't catch up to reality even though I knew we were in a real castle. Where? I don't know yet. But the reason why I was now convinced that this wasn't reality was the ball room - or wherever the ball was being placed.

We took one step inside and He kept his arm looped in mine and just stopped there. I was guessing he was just letting me see what it looked like first. I looked around - the table at the sides with fancy tablecloths - the people sitting at the table looking like they were wearing a million dollars at the very second - the dance floor where everyone would dance - and up ahead a large staircase and two thrones with steps leading up to it. There was a man and a woman in the chairs but I couldn't see them from so far away. I was about to ask him who they were when he started walking forward.

I was pulled forward, but I caught up to him pulling my arm and we walked down the dance floor. I heard cheers and clapping. I looked around and they were all looking at us. I looked to Him questioningly (a/n - him meaning the masked man).

"Why is everyone clapping?" I whispered to him. He was about to respond when someone whistled.

"Covington! Woooh-hoooo!" They cheered and more people chanted with the man who said it. Covington ... as in Ms. Covington? Did they think I was 'Ms Covington' as well?"

He didn't reply to my question so I walked with him wherever he was taking me. We continued walking down the dance floor - the cheers were done but everyone was still watching us. I realized that He had stiffened after the comment about Covington. I'd got to figure out who she was! I bet we didn't look anything alike!

He stopped at the throne. I stopped too and looked at him waiting for him to guide me.

I got a good look now at the man and woman on the thrones. The man had a golden crown, was in a black tux with a royal red tie and his eyes were a stunning gold. I'd never met anyone with gold eyes. His skin had few winkles but he had mostly clear white skin.

The woman in the throne was wearing a red dress, with a crown looking very alike to the man's crown - although hers was more ... beautiful. She too had shining gold eyes, clear white skin, and a royal smile on her face but I could tell they were both ones with lots of power.

"Son," The man said and I was startled. Son? He was their son?

"Yes, King Woods?" He asked in the most polite tone I'd ever heard in my voice.

Wait - King Woods? This was the king and Queen? And if their last name was Woods... Then, His name was... 'Someone' Woods?

"Who's the lady?" The queen asked and I looked at her. Was she talking about me?

Before He could respond, King Woods cut in.

"Darling, it's Covington, Lady Covington obviously," he said in a sweet and obvious tone. No it wasn't! I wanted to yell now. I noticed His eyes grew large at the sound of Covington's name again.