32 Thrown Away

It's been three days since I dealt with Scarlet.

But now was not the time to dwell on her. Now I had to take care of serious business.

I jogged down the steps of the castle. All the way to the dungeon.

"Ash!" I yelled, angry. I needed to talk to him. Right now.

I would call him but we don't have cellphones. Now a days, I was really hoping to get one. They seemed handy. Humans knew what they were doing.

"Ash!" I yelled again, now running through the blackened halls of the dungeons.

"Right here, dude," he said, as I turned the corner. I stopped running.

There was a lantern on the wall besde us. It lit up the hall. Down the dungeon walls were multiple barred cells. There were probably hundreds of them, but only a couple were occupied.

I looked at Ash. He had bags under his eyes. Although us vampires don't get bags under our eyes when we don't sleep enough, we do have bags when we are stressed out and mentally exhausted. His back was hunched and he leaned against the dungeon hall's wall.

I tried to contain my anger for the moment. "We need to talk," I said.

"Is here the best place?" he asked. I shook my head and turned abruptly. I went back up the stairs and I heard him follow me. I waited until we were off the stairs and we left the castle. We stood outside the front gates. I could tell he was impatient and downright tired.

"How's Veronica doing?" I asked him. He sighed, looking away. The reason why I had to find him in the dungeon was because he was watching over her cell. After he'd caught her on the roof after she shot Scarlet, we'd decided the dungeon was the best place to put her. What she did was against everything my family approved of. My mother could hardly look at her at the moment.

"She's okay," he said, crossing his arms. "She just wants to get out of there. I don't know how much longer I can watch her struggle. It's hard man."

"I know, Ash,"I said, looking away. Ash's heart was broken. But right now I was angry and I had to talk this out with him. "Why did you keep this all a secret from me?" I asked. My hands were in fists.

"She said she didn't want to hurt you since she knew that you weren't in a relationship, thtat you'd get upset if you saw us together," Ash explained. He was as tall as me and as broad, so I had ittle leverage over him.

"I don't care what she said man!" I yelled, in his face. I took a step back, realizing how angry I got. "You, are my best friend! And she's my sister. I honestly expected more from you! From both of you!" I yelled, jabbing him in the chest. "

"What did you expect me to do? We love each other, was I going to ruin it just for you?" Ash asked, equally angry while trying to defend himself. "Look, I didn't know she was a murderer. And you don't need to worry about our relationship because it's clearly over."

Ash turned to leave nut I caught his arm before he could. "Did you know she had this plan?" I asked, slowly.
he turned to me and glared. The angriest I'd ever seen him. "I get," he started, fangs out, "That you lost someone very important to you. I get it, Scarlet was amazing. But I wouldn't sabotage our friendship for any reason. Just because she got hurt, doesn't mean you should start pointing fingers." He grabbed his arm back from me, shrugging me off while I stared, shocked at his reaction. "Especially at me." he turned once again to leave.

"You're right, I'm sorry dude," I said, just as he began to enter the castle once more. "I can arrange someone else to guard Veronica in her cell. You're off duty." Ash nodded, then quickly left. I sighed.