Chapter Thirteen :

Benji and Kady stood at the front door, not locked, but still closed. They couldn't hear anything from inside, it was silent. "Do we go in?" Kady asked.

"Yeah." Benji said in a whisper.

At that, he put his pale freckled hand on the door knob. Kady put hers on top of his. "Three, Two..." Benji breathed deeply. "One"

They pushed the handle down, and opened the door.

"Dad!" Benji said.

      Carrie was taken to the hospital for her injuries. The swelling gash on her elbow had been deeper than she had at first thought. The blood was seeping through the bandage and she felt a little woozy.

She looked to her right in the emergency room, and she saw a man who seemed to be missing the tip of his thumb. No doubt she would be here for a while. There was a woman with a severe rash on her face and with every moment that went by, the man by the side of her swelled even more than he was before. He started to fit with foam coming from the right side of his mouth.

A team of nurses rushed to his side and took him into the treatment room. Carrie stood up and walked to the payphone. She tried to call Kady... No answer.

She then tried the boyfriend she had just found out was a killer. Still, no answer.

She glanced inside at all the patients in the Accident and Emergency room, then looked at the poster displaying the expected waiting time.

She sighed, and looked at her wound... It will heal... She walked away from the hospital. On her way to Karyn's house. 

She knew it would take a while, but the sooner she started on her way there, the sooner she would get to her friend and boyfriend, and maybe try to figure this whole mess out.

      Police officers were making their way to Karyn's house. Allegedly. The police around here were usually useless so there was no saying when they would arrive. Probably when everyone had been killed.

"Dad..." Benji repeated, but calmer this time. "This needs to stop now." He made his way slowly towards his dad, holding one hand out, encouraging his father to hand him the knife. The knife that was now at Karyn's throat. 

"Mom?!"Kady cried, and began to rush towards her mother who was pinned against a wall in her living room. 

Benji grabbed Kady by the arm as she tried to pass. "Stay back," He told her. "Let me handle this."

Kady sighed and sounded like she was about to protest, but stopped herself. She stayed a few steps behind Benji.

"Dad? Let her go. None of this is her fault!"

"Not her fault? It's because this bitch was too busy drinking, and screwing around with Mr Rich Fucker, too busy having an affair, that Kady suffered at the hands of a vicious gang of bullies, and Steve never knew the truth!" Benji's dad snarled.

He pushed the knife harder onto Karyn's throat and she squirmed. "Please, don't hurt me." Kady heard her mother whimper, through shuddering breaths and sobs.

"Yeah, fair enough, Steve never knew the truth. Karyn may have not noticed Kady's pain, but either way, bullies are bullies. They would have still bullied Kady whether or not Karyn's a pathetic drunk. Why couldn't you just deal with the bullies? You took this way too far!"

"You both took it way too far when you started killing people!" Kady shouted. Benji spun around to look at her. "You know how normal people deal with bullies? Yeah, why didn't you just do that?! And anyway, where is the proof that murderer there is my dad?!" Steve walked towards Kady with a folded piece of paper. 

"Here." He said. "I'm sorry, but it is true. Your mother knew all these years and never said anything. But, don't think for a second that this changes how I feel about you. You are still my daughter, and nothing, even this DNA test will ever change that." He hugged his daughter tightly.

"Freeze!" A strong female voice shouted from behind them, and everyone turned to see an army of police officers, armed, and flashing lights outside. 

Finally, this will all be over, Benji thought.