Chapter Six:

Carrie turned up at her ballet lesson, though a lot of the other girls weren't there. Ms, Bouchelli said it was because, "they're worried they'd be murdered on their way here".

      Carrie thought that was ridiculous. The murders always happened at night, it was now nine a.m on a Monday morning. After the class, she was meeting her brother, Jordan. He was picking her up to take her home. Usually her sister would do this but while she was away at university, Jordan agreed he would do it.

      After her last pirouette, she changed and left the dance class, looking for her brother in the car park. He beeped the horn and she whirled around. Another new car. The third in the last 9 months. 

      "Are you sure a white car is the best idea, Jordan?" She asked, while she twisted to fasten her seatbelt.

      "Well, I could always wash it." He replied.

      "Like you never did your last car?" Carrie smirked.

      He paused as he left the car park. "Shut up."

      Carrie giggled, and was about to speak but Jordan cut her off. "Oh, Lorraine said she was going to call when you finished. She's been out to dinner with her stuck up university friends."

      "Oh, okay. I'll let her know I'm done."

       She took out her phone and started to text Lorraine. A few minutes later the phone rang. "Hey!" Carrie beamed. She hadn't heard from her older sister for a month since she left. "How's Uni?"

      "Oh, it's going okay. It's been a little hectic and I've been super busy. How are you doing? And how is Benji?" Lorraine asked.

      "Oh we're all fine. But have you heard about the murders?"

      "Yeah. Poor girls. They all went to your school right?" Lorraine asked.

      "Yup. Kady is looking way too much into this. She's convinced that it's not a coincidence. One of the girls lived directly over the road from her."

     "Oh, uh, Celine and Avril?"

      "April." Carrie corrected her. "Yeah it was Celine who was murdered. Kady's gone to stay with her dad since her mom in still getting drunk every day and sleeping with Kieth Richardson."

      "Ugh Why?! He's disgusting. I remember I had him as my Math teacher. He used to eat the shit that came out of his nose and everything." Lorraine remembered.

       "Lovely... Other than everyone being beheaded, we're all good."

       "Just make sure you stay in touch. You never know, Kady could be right. Stay safe for the love of God." Lorraine pleaded.

      "Of course I will, and I have Benji and Jordan looking out for me, so I'm sure I will be fine."

      "Wait, are you still driving?" Carrie asked.

      "Yeah, don't worry, I'm using my hands-free thingy."

      "Well, good! I'm starting to-"

      There was a loud noise and Lorraine squealed. "Oh, my god, someone just bumped into me. I'll call you back in a bit." She hung up.

      "Shit." Carrie said. "Lorraine just had someone crash into her. Well, she said bump but..."

      Jordan turned to her as he stopped at the traffic lights. "Is she okay?"

       "Yeah, she said she'd call back in a bit."