(7) Stop Being Such A Pussy

Chapter 7

Cute : Good :: Mean : Bad

All of us raced to the stairs, where we heard the screaming, just in time to see Evie running down the stairs.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" She shouted jumping up and down.

"What, what, what?" I asked in the same tone, jumping up and down like her. I liked seeing her smile, it was a big side grin that had you smiling.

"Look at Kriss isn't she just the cutest?" Evie shouted at me, shoving a black fuzz ball into my face.

"Meow?" I looked at Kriss, Evie holding her under her arms. Poor Kriss had pink ribbons clipped to her fur, a plastic emerald ring on her tail and a big, heavy, pink bow flopping around on the top of her head. She looked at me as of to say "Help me!"

Both Grant and I laughed before I gently took Kriss out of Evie's arms (even with her iron grip) and put her into the crib of my arms. "Don't be putting things in her hair, Evie. They might hurt her." I unclasped everything and took off the ring, handing them to Evie.

"Is this that girl from the cat Clan?" I turned, the boys starring at m-er, the kitten actually in my arms.

"Yeah, this is Kriss." I answered, feeling Kriss hide a little more in my arms.

"Aw, she's so cute!" Drew exclaimed making all of our eyes roll. He used his right hand to pet Kriss and with Kriss's purring I took it that she didn't mind.

"Stop being such a pussy, Drew. It's just a cat." Hunter scoffed. "They aren't 'cute'. See, watch,"

My eyebrow furrowed when Hunter came over and snatched Kriss out of my hands. "Hunter!"

"Relax, Emerson," Hunter laughed as Kriss squirmed. He was holding her by her neck and I don't think she liked it. "Watch, she'll go crazy in a few minutes."

"Hunter, stop, your hurting her." Grant protested, trying to get Kriss back. Laughing wildly, Hunter swung Kriss out of his reach and I watch in horror as Kriss slipped out of his grip and flew into the wall. She hit the wall and fell to the ground with a whimper and without wasting a second, she took off running into the living room.

I turned to Hunter whose eyes were wide as I pinned him up against the wall. "Don't ever touch her again." I snarled then let him fall to the ground, see how he likes it.

Three of us, Drew, Grant and I ran to the living room with Bruce and Hunter behind. Apparently I hadn't given enough warning.

"Where is she?" Grant wondered, worried.

"I don't know," I looked around the room. "Start searching."

I thought back to this morning (had it really only been this morning?) when Sedrick had been there. She had hidden under the bed. I started looking under things like the table and the thing the TV rested on. Finally I reach our glass cabinet where we kept our family pictures and under it was the little black cat I was looking for.

"Hey, guys, I found her." I told them excited.

"I know how to get her out." Hunter exclaimed and before I could tell him no he had shoved me and was grabbing at everything under the cabinet. "I think-Ow! Fuck!" Hunter yelled, pulling his hand back there was three red marks on his hand with blood oozing out. I personally think he deserved it.

"Move, dip shit." I commanded, pushing him out of the way this time so I could lay on my stomach and see Kriss huddled as far away from my hand as possible. "Kriss, come on, please," I pleaded. "I'm not going to hurt you. Come on, Kitty, Hunter was just being an ass. He won't hurt you anymore. He won't touch you, just please come out." She looked up to my eyes but quickly looking away. "Come on, Kitty. You know I could just move this and take you out but I'm trying to give you a choice. Please, kitty."

Finally, she looked up fully from her paws, her grey eyes meeting mine and I smiled at her. I would never hurt her. Slowly, she made her way to my hand, nuzzling my finger tips softly. This made me grin as I sat up. She pulled out of the bottom.

Hunter shot to grab her, but I was quicker, holding her then punching him in the stomach. "I told you not to touch her!" I yelled making him flinch. I was breathing heavy from anger. I really needed to calm down. "I think you guys should go." I turned, hearing them shuffling but not really leaving. "Now!" Hunter left first with Bruce behind him and one last dirty look at Kriss that had me growling. I looked at Drew and Grant but neither of them had moved an inch. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Dude," Drew groaned. "Chill, we're not leaving. It's not like I have anything against your 'Kitty'." He smirked and winked at me and I felt my face go red. Fuck, I had forgot they were in the room.

"Yeah, man." Grant agreed, plopping down on my couch and turning on the TV. "We're not going to hurt her like those assholes."

"Whatever." I mumbled, my face losing the redness as I sat on the left side of the couch. Drew jumped over the back, landing in the middle of Grant and I.

"Oh!" Drew exclaimed, grabbing the controller from Grant. "Looney Tunes! I love Looney Tunes!"

"No!" Grant shouted back trying to get the remote control. "I hate Looney Tunes. All it is, is a bunch of animals pointlessly hurting each other for no reason!"

What was happening with me? I keep smiling. I was always annoyed with their constant fighting but now I was just amused and I wasn't even bothered. I laughed as Drew held the controller just out of Grant's reach. Grant being very much smaller than the giant known as Drew.

A low hiss filled in the room and their fighting quit. Kriss was now on the coffee table hissing lowly at the screen where Sylvester and Tweety were fighting. She was clawing at the air and almost ... growling at Tweety when he was fighting Sylvester.

I looked at Grant and we both grinned. I turned back to Kriss, still memorized by the TV. Slowly I crept forward to poke her on her back.

"Re-Owww!" She screamed jumping in the air only to land on Drew's face.

"Ah! Cat on my face, cat on my face! Get her off! Get her off! Get her off!" Drew screamed, running around trying to get Kriss (who was grasping desperately at his hair) off his head. I laughed, wishing Kriss didn't cover Drew's face (it must look hilarious right now) but then changed my mind when Drew ran into the wall next to the door. With a 'Oof' he fell to the ground and Kriss scampered back to me, some how getting on my shoulder.

"That wasn't funny!" Drew screamed in a high pitched voice ... which only made Grant and I laugh harder. Suddenly soft semi-soft and moldable hit me in the face. It fell in my hands and I saw a pillow.

"Oh, it is on!"

~~~~~

Emerson is fun. I like him alot. Not MY type of guy but nice none-the-less. I like Drew a lot, HE'S ADORABLE!!!! Like a male/blonde version of myself. Anyways .... This is just early because, IDK, I like this story. I know other people like it. Chapters are coming along good and I've gotten alot of feedback on the others. I just want to thank everyone, seriously. I may makes things into jokes but I really appericate ya'll finding entertainment in my story and in Kriss. Now, these next few chapters are going to all be about Kriss and Emerson bonding and finding things out about Kriss then around the 11th chapter the real action starts. You'll get to meet HER!!! Muwhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!