P1 : C2

The explosion destroyed nearly everything, save for our lives. The Collectors tanks and prized antiquities were smashed and friend, salvaging seemed impossible for most of whatever remained. Around me the Guardians stumbled to their feet slowly, turning in circles at the mess that surrounded us, yet I sat frozen, shaken from the destruction we'd all somehow, miraculously, survived.

"Smashing." Peter said. "Second time that's happened."

"You're bad luck." Gamora grumbled, rolling her eyes. Peter made a smug face as soon as she turned away from him. 

"Wonder who did that." Rocket said nearby.

Groot stood shaking debris from his roots and branches, glass sprayed from his back. "I am Groot."

"We need to get out of here before The Collector finds us." Drax said.

"Good idea." Gamora said. "Grab Vele and let's go, we need to vanish."

Drax, Gamora, Groot and Rocket left. Peter turned and met my gaze.

"Introductions always that impactful?" I asked, finally getting up and taking something of a defensive stance as he approached very slowly. It was only then I noticed a twinge in my lower back and ribs, I must have struck the tank hard when everything blew.

"Introductions are often way worse with me." He shook his head, dust flew from his hair. "Is there any chance at all you want to come willingly?"

"Depends on where I'm going."

"Any chance I can convince you then?"

"Unless it's a really good reason, then no." Despite the overwhelming urge in my gut telling me to run for it, I couldn't make it over all the debris without running into another one of his crewmates or The Collector. Peter had me pretty much cornered against the work bench, or what was left of it.

"Would make my job a whole lot easier if you did." He said as he made a slow arch closer and closer.

"I wouldn't count on any willingness."

He stopped and groaned loudly, dramatically. "Fine. Hard way it is." He then sighed heavily before darting directly at me, grabbing my waist and launching me onto his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I shouted, trying to wriggle free of his grasp on me. I hit his back, kicked and squirmed, hoping to deter any progress of carrying me from what remained of The Collector's things.

"Will you stop it?" He groaned again with great annoyance, bouncing me hard on his shoulder, squeezing at my waist to keep me still. "You're being difficult."

"That's the point!"

"Quit it, you're not helping." He grunted, stopping as I nearly kneed him in the throat. 

"Put me down, Peter Quill!" I hissed.

"Oh, using my full name now, huh?" He chuckled and bounced me again on his shoulder, this time pinning my legs, dropping my upper body over his back.

Behind us, Groot came quickly up to me. He slowly unfurled his twig fingers and a few white puffy looking flowers grew from within his palm, opening with an audible snap to spit a thick cloud of I-don't-know-what into the air. It made my eyes water, my nose tickled as if ready to sneeze and my throat seized as if I were fighting some head cold.  

"I am Groot." He grumbled.

"She'll be fine, buddy. I've got her." Peter said, his voice coming in and out of range. "Help Drax get the ship ready."

"I am Groot." His heavy footsteps bounced around in my ears, scrambling the senses of my brain.

"Just chill out now, okay? We've got this under control." Peter patted my calf as he adjusted his grip and started swaying. However, it took me several long seconds to understand that he was walking.