P2 : C1

My brain always seems to rattle around the idea that this ship is hurdling through space all while some how keep us occupants safe on the inside where there is literally NO AIR whatsoever. As much as I tried to wrap my head around it I just couldn't, it gave me migraines just discussing it with anyone.

We'd recovered a passenger some time back in the eighth sector of quad 4.78YTL, Vele had finally come home. But problems arose along the way. She often wouldn't speak to anyone, refused food even and kept herself up by the cock-pit where she could watch as we flew past other systems and quads. As much as I wanted to just open up and talk to Vele it just wasn't time. She wouldn't know what to say, her memories had been stolen, which meant most of the things that occurred between us have fizzled away into nothingness.

"Quill, she still won't eat anything." Gamora slammed down in the pilots seat beside mine, angrily kicking her feet up on the dash. "I hate this."

"You hate everything." I said, cruising left.

"She's been a pain in my ass these past couple of days and I've just about had it up to here." She gestured to above her head and groaned. "You need to do something about her, otherwise I'll probably end up killing her."

"We will have to force her to eat." Drax rested his arm against the back of Gamora's seat. "Nothing else has worked, I see it as our only option now."

"Fine, I'll see what I can do." I pushed up the steering block and Gamora took over. I walked past Drax and bent over, picking through a small compartment where I kept some personal snacks and such. Either she'd eat or she'd starve, I couldn't have her dropping dead just when we got her back safely. Regardless of what she may have liked I just picked out what I would eat and climbed down the ladder.

"And then this piece attaches here." I turned around and found Rocket sitting on the table, fixing what looked like a metal box of gears and prongs. "Nothing? Well I tried. Can't say I didn't warn you."

When I stepped over towards Rocket I caught sight of Vele sitting on the floor, tucked back next to a vent shaft piece.

"Hey Quill, good timing." Rocket cheered up quickly. "She's not saying much, I tried showing her how to fix a Krull makeshift landing pad but she just won't even mumble. She's a tough cookie to crack."

"I know." I sighed and he scampered off without anything else to prove to me of my failure. I walked towards Vele but she quickly stood and slithered past like a slippery fish. "I brought you something to eat."

Nothing. Not a word, not a sound, just the dragging of her dress over the floor. Her body remained still as she leaned up against the wall, facing me as if to keep me in line.

"You need to eat something." I pushed the food towards her, over the table. "If you don't then you will get sick and make things a lot harder for yourself and us. You can't die on us just when we got you back." Again she said nothing. My patience was thinning out even more. "Please, Vele. If you won't choose to eat then I will assure you that one of us will force you to."

"It's all on you, Quill." Gamora shouted, a slight giggle.

"I assure you that I do not plan to die here." Vele finally spoke. "You ship is far too filthy for a body to properly depart in peace."

"It's so dirty that it's a Jackson Pollack, that's what he told me!" Rocket called, laughing. Groot said something but it was hard to hear over the hardy chuckle of Drax.

"Regardless, I won't die. My father would never allow it." She became distant in thought before her skin faded to a deeper purple, as if something compelled her to make the change itself. I went to her, prepared to catch her weak body, but nothing happened and she quickly snapped out of it. "Please, Mr. Quill, leave me be or take me back."