P1 : C7

I opened my eyes, everything was blurry and bright. Too bright. There was noise coming from all around. It was Rocket, arguing, Drax was shouting and Groot was just laughing.

"Hey, sleepy head." Peter popped in front of me and it made me jump, sitting forwards.

"Geezes Peter!" I took a sharp breath, wincing from the pain.

"Sorry." Peter said, quickly remembering.

"You slept hard."

"How long was I out?" I asked, easing back to a far easier position to maintain.

"Several hours. Almost too many. We were worried about you." Rocket said, appearing beside Peter. "I don't worry to much about other people either. Blegh, you're turning me soft."

"About time, you've been a hard ass way too long." Peter made a face and turned back to me. "Wanted to wait until you were awake, but there might be something you can wear from below."

"Might be digging around down there a while, who knows what we've forgotten in those storage lockers." Rocket scratched his chin before turning off. "I'll go see what I can find."

"Thank you," I attempted to call out to him but he waved me off. I laid myself back down, careful just how much I moved and yet even breathing struck some amount of pain.

"Easy." Peter pushed my hair back from my forehead, smoothing it away. "You don't have a fever and the cauterization seems to be working for the most part. All good signs. We do have a few things for pain but they're only in pill form unfortunately. We needed you to be awake to take that."

"Anything to feel like I'm not actively dying would be great." 

"I've got just the concoction for you." Peter hauled himself up to his feet with a groan, turning over and rummaging through the familiar medic bag I'd seen some time earlier. "How do you feel about horse pills?"

"What pills?" I looked over, he was holding up two drastically different sized capsules, one far more intimidating the the latter. "Small please." 

He stashed the other back into it's bin before coming back to me, kneeling down, giving me the pill. "Want something to wash it down with?"

"Please." I nodded. He shuffled on his knees over to what looked like a collapsible table and pulled off a bottle before shuffling right back beside me. 

"Easy does it now." He situated himself behind me, helping me to sit up while keeping most of my bodyweight leaning against him. He offered me the water and i quickly threw the pill into my mouth, taking the bottle with a horribly shaky hand. I felt his hand help to steady my own as I sipped to wash it all down. 

Rocket reappeared and Peter took the bottle away. "Here, think these are Gamora's old clothes. Don't know your size but hope it works." He threw a pile of dark clothes onto my lap.

"Thanks, Rocket." I said, using shaky fingers to peek at each article of clothing.

"I'll have Gamora come down to help, don't need Quill peeking at the unmentionables." Rocket quickly scrambled up the ladder before Peter could even bark back in protest.

Gamora helped me dress, slowly, after tending to the wound. A few of the items Rocket grabbed me weren't the most "fitting" for the circumstances. While we mostly could have worn the same size, a pair of pants and a jumpsuit seemed out of the question. 

As much as I really just wanted a new shirt to wear, Gamora insisted on getting me into all entirely clean clothes so I didn't reek of blood and grime. I agreed on the condition that I didn't want an infection for my wound.