c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

"he's married! married! how stupid can i be!" meredith ranted to madelyn, who supportively nodded along.

"but i can't hate her, cause she did nothing wrong! and she's gonna save your babies! but yet, i hate her! she could be virgin freaking mary and i'd still hate her!" meredith complained some more.

"well, derek didn't seem very happy to see her either. maybe they're getting a divorce." madelyn tried to reason.

"don't you know anything? men never leave their wives for the other girl. they're probably gonna be this power couple now and i'll have to see it everyday as a painful reminder that he's not mine." meredith whined.

"the stories not over yet. you never know how things will play out."

"it wouldn't matter if he left her anyway, i wouldn't take him back. he's a cheater! he cheated! he cheated on her and now i'm the dirty mistress."

"mer shut up. you're being over dramatic. so what you slept with a married man? we all have at least once." madelyn joked.

"not helping! what if i've ruined it all and addison won't do surgery on you?"

"if that's the case, then it would be extremely unprofessional. if she really is a good doctor, she won't let the fact that i'm your twin get in the way of saving a child's life. plus, she probably won't be so mad once she finds out you didn't know he was married. she's probably losing her mind at derek this second. she'll probably be the once that files for divorce too. my point is, you never know what gonna happen until it's already happened."

"was there anything weird derek said when he recommended addison to you?"

"sort of. he told me explicitly not to say it was him that gave me her phone number. and it was also weird how she called herself montgomery over the phone, not shepherd."

"they're doctors, maybe she didn't take his last name."

"it's a possibility. do you want me to call derek for you?"

"no! not yet. give it a day or two."

"am i allowed to be friends with him? other then you he's really my only friend."

"do whatever you like, i don't care." meredith mumbled.

"it sounds like you care. a lot."

"shut up! i don't."

"you still have feelings for him, don't you?"

"i. do. not. now shut up before i lose my shit."

"whatever mer. i'm going to bed. see you in the morning."

"see you."

I'm back!!! i know i know it's been a while but my wrist is all healed and i can get back to writing.

not going to lie it's been healed for a while but i kind of lost motivation for a little while and forgot about this story, and boy since i've been gone we've gotten up to 14 thousand reads! i'm so incredibly grateful for each and every one of you and promise i'll get back into the swing of things.

i'm thinking the next chapter will not be based on the next episode but kind on in between because i want to have it mainly between addison, madelyn, alex, and maybe derek.

i know this chapter is extremely short and only around 300 words but next one won't be so short. i kinda had some writers block when i was writing this and don't have access to netflix right now to move on with the story.

you can expect more updates in the future and i hope y'all can forgive me for being away for so long.

love you all! until next time,

-mschubert