c h a p t e r f i v e

"she could have gone through her entire life without it ever being a problem

"she could have gone through her entire life without it ever being a problem."

"one tap in the right spot.. and it exploded." said madelyn

"exactly. now i can fix it. you three did great work. love to stay and kiss your asses but i got to tell katie's parents she's having surgery." derek said. he turned to the the nurse.

"katie bryce's chart, please."

"dr. shepherd, you'd said that you'd pick someone to scrub in if we helped?" christina said sheepishly.

"oh, yes. right. i'm sorry i can't take all three of you. it's gonna be a full house. meredith and madelyn, i'll see you in the o.r." derek said.

madelyn did a fist pump in the air and skipped away.

in a good mood, madelyn went to then trauma room to run some labs bailey had pages her for.

waiting in line, a familiar face approached her.
"grey, hi!" alex said, standing beside her in line.

"hey karev. running labs too?"

"yeah. i hear you scored on shepherds surgery."

"subarachnoid hemorrhage. she had a small aneurysm that burst when she hit just the right spot when she fell and twisted her ankle."

"what are the odds, hey?"

"what are the odds." madelyn chuckled.

the lab tech called out madelyn's patient, and she walked up and grabbed them.

"see you around, karev."

"see you around." he repeated.

madelyn walked off to go find bailey. she gave bailey the labs when her pager went off.

it was shepherd, telling her to scrub in, the surgery was supposed to start soon.

madelyn ran down the halls of the hospital, until she reached the o.r. katie bryce's surgery was taking place.

meredith was already inside, and madelyn scrubbed in and walked inside the o.r.

"alright everybody, it's a beautiful night to save lives!"

💙💙💙

i can't think of any one reason i want to be a surgeon. but i can think of a thousand reasons why i should quit.