c h a p t e r s e v e n

we live out our lives on the surgical unit

we live out our lives on the surgical unit. seven days a week, fourteen hours a day. we're together more then we're apart.

"george, izzie! move your boxes out of here and up to your room!" madelyn yelled.

"jeez, mads. don't have to be so rude about it." izzie mumbled.

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't realize it was okay to leave boxes all over the hallway when i'm just trying to get to the kitchen! you moved here over a week ago, why are they still here?" madelyn ranted.

"i've been busy. with, uh, work. i've been busy with work." izzie argued.

"okay, there. every single one of these boxes better be unpacked by the end of the week, or i'm beating both your asses to the ground. you hear me?" madelyn finalized.

"i hear you." izzie mumbled, before walking away.

madelyn was making her way to the kitchen, when there was a knock at the door.

she slowly made her way there, maneuvering her way around the boxes.

she opened the door, and saw alex standing on the other side.

"hey." she said, stepping aside to let him in. it was raining, like it always is in seattle.

"you said you needed a ride?" he asked, stepping into the house.

"yeah. meredith let these two dumbasses live here and i don't have a car, but mer does and she's driving these two to work, and i don't really trust them to be on time." madelyn explained.

"no worries." alex smirks.

"one second. i'll go grab my stuff."

madelyn walked up the stairs, passing izzie.

"why's alex here?"

"cause he's my ride."

"he's an ass."

"actually, he's not as bad as you think."

"whatever. why can you just ride with meredith and george and i?"

"cause, i don't trust you guys to be on time." madelyn said, picking up her bag and walking back down the stairs.

"you ready?" alex asked.

"yeah." madelyn said, before walking out the door.