c h a p t e r n i n e

"we are so going to hell

"we are so going to hell. burke is sending us straight to hell." said meredith.

"on an express train." madelyn added.

"if it works." izzie pitched in.

the trio was watching from a distance as george was talking to the chief.

"what are you doing?" alex asked, approaching the group.

"nothing." they answered in unison.

alex turned to watch as george finished talking with the chief, burke walked by, but the chief stopped him. he pointed at o'malley, explaining to what george has told him.

"yes!" izzie whispered.

george turned stiffly and walked away, causing madelyn and izzie to chuckle. the chief left too, leaving burke in the hallway alone.

he turned to the group, shooting them a death glare, and they all froze in the spot.

"oh, crap." said madelyn before they all ran away.

💙💙💙

george, izzie, meredith, and madelyn watched from the gallery as alex kissed burke's ass while he was repairing the brain dead mans heart.

"alex is vermin. that surgery is ours. madelyn, how do you put up with him?" meredith asked.

"oh mer, admit that if you were in the same position as him, you would've done the same thing, at least i would've."

"at least burke is doing the surgery. i don't care about alex. george, you did good." izzie chimed.

"i'm going to have to dodge burke for the rest of my career." george dropped his voice to a whisper,

"he could kill me and make it look like an accident."

a nurse walked into the gallery and looked at izzie,

"the police called. they've identified your john doe. his wife is on the way." izzie and madelyn followed the nurse out of the room.

💙💙💙

"has the wife made a decision yet?" madelyn asked derek.

"no, but i think she's leaning towards organ donation."

"how are you and meredith going?"