c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

"i'm coming with you

"i'm coming with you." meredith pleaded.

"no mer, you have work. you can't just drop everything and leave for me."

"i can and i will."

"no, you won't. i'll call you everyday and update you okay? i promise."

"you better keep that promise."

"when have i ever lied to you? now, help me pack."

"is alex coming with you?"

"no. i told him the same thing i told you."

"he's the father. maybe it's a better idea if he comes."

"i can do this by myself. it's a minor, noninvasive surgery and i'll be back on my feet within the week. there's nothing to worry about."

💙💙💙

"hello, is this dr. grey?" addison asked from the other side of the phone.

"yeah. is there a problem with the surgery? can you still do it?" madelyn began to worry.

"no, i can still do it, but i'm coming to seattle soon so you don't need to fly to new york."

"why are you coming to seattle?"

"some.. personal issues. i'm moving there and'll be there within the next few weeks. just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't fly
to new york for nothing."

"thanks dr montgomery."

💙💙💙

"there's no reason to be ashamed. it's normal. healthy, even."madelyn heard izzie say from down the hall. madelyn rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and walked out of her room to find izzie and george outside of the bathroom.

"put a shirt on george." madelyn joked.

george sent madelyn a look and continued his conversation with izzie.

"i'm not ashamed cause i wasn't doing anything. i don't have to. i have a girlfriend."

"an imaginary girlfriend?" izzie teased.

"an actual girlfriend."

madelyn rolled her eyes and became disinterested in the conversation. she let out a yawn and walked down to the kitchen and sat next to meredith.