Chapter One: New Member

Background: Okay, so the titans recently lost a battle against the hive 5. And they're having a group meeting about it.

Raven's POV

I sat down on the couch with the rest of the team waiting for Robin to start.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, we can began. I called all of us here to discuss our loss to the Hive." Robin started.

"We know why we're here. Can you get to the point already?" Cyborg says in discuss.

"Well I think we would have won if we would've stuck to the plan." Robin said.

"I stuck to the plan, you told me to do nothing." I said rolling my eyes.

"No, I told you to wait for the signal." Robin says in frustration.

"What's the difference." Beast Boys says as Robin gets more frustrated.

"The only one who listened was Starfire!" Robin exclaims.

" But she stood there and did nothing to. Your only saying that because you like her" I say rolling my eyes again.

I see that Robin just keeps getting frustrated.

"You know what, maybe we lost because we weren't strong enough." I finish

"The how but we's get a new member? " Beast Boy  adds.

"No! Remember what happened when we tried to replace you?" Robin says.

"I Think a new member is the good idea!" Starfire adds.

"NEW MEMBER IT IS!" Robin yells agreeing all because Starfire agrees.

"We should start with putting flyers around the city" I say as everyone agrees and we go around putting flyers around.

Robin says tryouts will start in a few days.

Alex's POV

I was walking down the street looking around. Crap, I really need a job. I can't believe I got fired for burning a patty. And I only made $77 this week. I looked on a wall to see a paper.

"Hmm. What's this?"  I whisper to myself. I began to read silently to myself.

"Recruiting new Teen Titan."

"Wait, Teen Titans?!" I say in excitement. I was kinda a fan. Plus, Cyborg is in that group.

"This mean I'll be able to meet him in person." I say almost making myself faint. I had a big crush on him. I'd sometimes watch them fight crime. I breathe in, then breathe out out.

"I'm definitely gonna to audition. My powers could benefit the group. Plus I'll definitely need a job since I was just fired." I think to myself.

I look back down at the paper. Auditions are in a few days.

I go back to my apartment and wait a few days. I get  ready as fast as I could and bring my book bag with me. I pack a water with me and run outside. I run in the direction of the Tower." Right, I forgot there Tower is located on land surrounded by a body of water". I mumble to myself.

I Fly over to see a line. I assume that's where they're doing auditions. I fly down and join the back of the line. There weren't many people in the line. I waited to see people getting rejected.

"What if that happened to me? No Alex, don't think like that. You have to think positive." I think to myself. I was the last person in line. The person in front of me went on stage.

I took this time to mentality repair myself. I look to see that the person that was in front of me got rejected. It was my turn. I felt the butterfly in my stomach.

"Next!" I hear a voice yell I walked on stage trying to keep a positive attitude. Plus the costume I came up with wasn't that bad. I was on a $77 dollar budget so there wasn't much I could do.

It was a bright blue shirt with white sleeves and black gloves for the top. I also bought a mask to look more mysterious. I had on dark Grey tights and boots for the bottom. Like I said, $77 budget won't get you far.  But I'm fine with it, I just hope they are.

I nervously step on stage.

"Excuse, can you pull down the mask? We won't be able to hear your voice." Robin said.

I untied the mask and took it off.

"I-is this better?" I ask.

"Perfect! Now tell us your name!" Robin yelled.

"I'm Alex. Alex Snowflake. Sorry, I'm just so excited to be here. Hehe. "

"Okay, now show us what you can do." Robin asked.

"Well I can fly." I say while fly around the stage some.

"I can also freeze things. Also you guys can help me freeze things. I can put a frosty aura  around them, If  one of you, like Starfire for example were to blast him, they would freeze on impact. I can also can control and make water. And I can also make objects out of ice. Like this." I say.

I make myself an ice shield and hold it in my hand. I then pose holding the shield in a shielding position.

" That is the pretty of the cool." Starfire says. I think that's a good thing.

I hear them talking among themselves.

"Well what do you think?" I ask the others.

"Hm... We'll have to test your strength." Robin says.

They then start whispering again. I couldn't hear what they were saying. Suddenly a table appears on the table, two chairs on each side.

"Good work Raven. Now to test your strength we're gonna have you arm wrestle Cyborg." Robin says as I blush. 

He Comes up and sits on the opposite side of the table. I sit down and look at him.

"Good luck, you're gonna need it." Cyborg says with a smirk and confident tone.

I gasp and nod. We get in position. He firmly grabs my hand.

OMG his hand is in my hand. I have to get a handle on my mind. I stare into his eye and smile nervously.

"One, Two, Three. Go!" Robin shouts. We both began trying to push the other hand down. I was stalling a little.

He's so strong. I can't believe he's right here in front of me.

I looked down to see that I was losing. I looked at his face to see him with a face that kinda look like it said "Ha Ha! You Lose, I win!" I didn't want to lose. What if this depended on whether I got in or not.

"Well you tried. But your going down." Cyborg said.

I put a little more force I to it and start to win.

I pushed until his hand was down on the other side of the table.

"Oooooooooh! YOU JUST GOT SERVED! SON! " I here Beast Boy yell.

I shook my hand a little. "Ow." I mumble to myself while rubbing my hand.

"So does this mean I'm on the team?"

"Yes indeed you are my friend. Training starts tomorrow. " Robin yells.

This is good. I have a job. Plus this one pays more, it's just more dangerous.  And I get to live with my favorite people.

"Raven, show him to his room." Robin says.

I follow Raven to my room.

"Alright, here's your room. Robin will probably start training you tomorrow." Raven says.

I open the room to see what it looked like.

"So am I able to-" before I could finish she was already gone.

I was gonna ask her if I could decorate. I mean, I guess I can, since it's my room now.

I got into my bed rethinking everything that happened today. I can't believe that I'm actually part of the group. I hope Cyborg isn't sad that I beat him in an arm wrestle in front of the team.

*sighs*

I guess I'll have to see how everything goes tomorrow.