Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Juliet's POV:

Out vacation passed by quickly. Caleb gave me the cold shoulder and flirted with girls all the time. It was like I wasn't even here.

No matter. Pre season was starting once we got back so I had hockey to focus on.

When we touched down at the Pearson airport, Rielly was waiting in his truck for us outside. He had the dogs in the back who were barking happily at Caleb. He smiled as they jumped out to greet him and even Tidus came over to me. Although his little princess stayed glued to him. Infact she sat in the front with him on the ride home. Rielly and Caleb talked about the game tomorrow night as I sat quietly. We were facing Chicago and it was a home game. I was playing and I was excited to meet my idol.

Jonathan Toews (AN:literally my love. I'm going to marry him).

I had a huge crush on him, not like Caleb but I watched him throughout his hockey career.

Once we got in I quickly put my stuff away and went to bed straightaway to get a good nights rest.

-----

I woke up that morning and went for a light jog along Lake Ontario. Many people said good luck to me and I smiled. Once I got back I had a bowl of cereal, banana and protein shake. Caleb was up and eating the same thing.

"Your hockey stuff ready?" He asked. I nodded giving him the cold shoulder as we ate in silence. I shoved on shorts and a hoodie and gathered my gear and we drove to the rink.

Chicago was on the ice practicing before us so I went to set up my stall.

"Nervous?" Someone asked. I turned and Jake Gardiner smiled warmly.

"Oh, yea. I feel like I'm going to puke." I sighed fidgeting with my skate lace. He chuckled lightly.

"I was the same way. Rielly threw up all over the floor his first game." He laughed.

"In the dressing room?" I asked.

"At home. He threw up here too. We thought he had the stomach flu but he was just so nervous." He said shaking his head.

"You two live together?" I asked.

"Yep. He's like my little brother. I watch over the youngster." He smiled. I smiled too and I sat down as a couple of guys began piling in. The skate was optional but I was going to get my nerves out. Carlyle was sticking me on the third line with Jerry and McClement. I was their centre. I was first ready and my legs bobbed up and down.

"You alright?" Bernier asked me quietly holding my leg from flying. I was biting my nails and everyone looked at me.

"No!" I blurted.

"Why? You're a good hockey player." Lupul scoffed.

"Because I'm a girl so there is a lot of pressure, I'll probably screw up by losing a face off no doubt." I said shaking my head.

"Hey, I lose face offs every game. You can't get 'em all, kid." Bozak smirked.

"You're right. I'm going." I said getting up.

"Eh, Demon!" Caleb called. I turned as he buckled up his pads.

"You're bucket." He smirked. Everyone chuckled as I walked back.

"Oh god...Im going to do so bad." I muttered sliding on my blue helmet with a white cage. I'm a female, I had to have a cage. I was the first one on the ice with the coaches.

"Nervous, demon?" Carlyle asked.

"Yep. I'm going to throw up." I said biting my lip. They all laughed.

"Relax, girl. You're a hell of a hockey player. These boys won't know what hit 'em."

----

Those words played through my mind as I stretched on the ice. The stadium was loud and full. The Leafs always sold out. I took deep breaths as I stretched my legs.

"Hey." Someone said. I looked up as Jonathan Toews stretched next to me.

"O-oh my God. Jonathan Toews." I breathed. He smirked at me.

"Juliet McDavid, right?" He asked.

"Y-you know my name?" I said surprised, totally fan girling.

"You're the only female in the NHL. I think everyone knows your name." He smiled.

"Right...You know what I'm just going to say it, I don't care. I am a huge fan! I watched every Chicago game and the playoff run and everything." I said fast. He laughed again.

"Thank you. I thought you were strictly leafs?"

"Of course not. Once you were drafted you have been my idol. I have your jersey. For my seventeenth birthday my dad took me to a game where you played against Vancouver."

"Really? You're that big of a fan?"

"You probably think I'm psycho. But yea I'm a huge fan. I always will be." Wow he was really easy to talk to.

"That's awesome. And no you are not a psycho. Trust me." He laughed as I laughed too.

Caleb's POV:

There she was, laughing it up with Toews. Of course she would go for the captain of the Blackhawks. I rolled my eyes as I stretched across from them.

"Andrews." Cory Crawford said sitting down next to me.

"Hey Crawford." I said. Crawford and I were actually really good friends. We hung out in the summer and we usually had dinner when we faced each other. We were having dinner tonight actually.

"Is Toews coming tonight?" I asked. I was bringing Juliet of course.

"Yea. Why?" He asked. I shrugged and he looked over.

"Oh, you like McDavid, huh?" He asked.

"Yep." I said not meeting his eyes.

"He's flirting." He said bluntly. I looked up.

How do you know?" I asked.

"Watch. He will wave his hand nonchalantly." He said. Which he did.

"And then he will scoot closer" He added Which he did. Again. I frowned as Juliet blushed through her cage.

"Watch out, Andrews. You got competition." He smirked. I laughed and got up as the buzzer rang. I skated to the net and took off my helmet for the national anthems. Juliet was as white as a ghost and I tapped her shin pads and she smiled.

"Be safe." I said. She looked away and smiled. As the anthem was over I flopped down my helmet. I got in stand as the puck dropped.