Chapter 44

Chapter 44:

Juliet's POV:

I sat at the table by myself after finishing my meal. Caleb was chatting with some friends and music played as people danced. It was getting late and the small kids were passed out on the couch. I had a fun evening and my feet were sore from the heels.

"I brought you something." Rielly smiled sitting down.

"What did you bring me?" I asked. He sat down a pair of Nike training shoes. They were the ones that I had been talking about for weeks.

"Think of it as a wedding gift." He laughed taking my foot and pulling off the heels.

"You're the best." I smiled and he chuckled.

"You're my best friend, besides Jake. I'm happy for you, Jules." He smiled laying down my aching feet that were now in more comfortable shoes.

"Thanks Morgan." I smiled using his first name. He looked out to the dancefloor and sighed.

"Who is that?" He asked pointing to my old friend Jessica.

"That's Jessica Steele. She is one of my high school friends."

"She asked me to dance multiple times and she won't stop talking to me." He laughed.

"She's a nice girl. She graduated at the University of Toronto actually. She is a trainer."

"Why didn't she apply to the leafs?" He asked confused.

"Why?" I asked.

"Thomas left. He went to work in Sweden. We need a new trainer." He explained.

"Really? I should try to set her up because frankly, now that a female is in the league I should be granted a female trainer." I said. He nodded agreeing and I smirked at him.

"You think she's cute?" I laughed and his face got a little bit red.

"She's pretty." He shrugged.

"Go talk to her. Tell her about the job opening and how I need a trainer." I said pushing him.

"Woah, okay calm down Ms. Pushy." He said.

"It's actually Ms. Andrews now." I smiled happily. As he left I was once again alone until someone cleared their throat. I looked up and Caleb smiled down at me.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked.

"Yes. Especially since I got now shoes." I said lifting my dress. He sighed laughing.

"Never a girlie girl." He laughed taking my hand. We walked to the dance floor and he put his arm around my waist.

"I love you so much." He said proudly.

"I love you forever and ever." I smiled.