Chapter 52

Chapter 52

"Jacob make sure you help Jessica and Jennifer get ready." I said to Jacob. He was back in town from Erie and him and our other children were coming to our game tonight.

I had two twin boys named Cameron and Connor and after them I had twin girls named Jessica and Jennifer and I had a youngest son named Josh. They all played hockey except one and that was Josh. Jacob was seventeen and playing in the OHL, Cameron and Connor were eleven and then Jennifer and Jessica were ten. They all attended a hockey academy here in Toronto.

Josh was our miracle baby. He was eight years old and when he was a toddler he got outside and somehow got into the gardeners wheeled lawnmower that was left turned on. Long story short he fell off and lost his arm in the blades.

He is not able to play hockey naturally but he does play soccer and is really good at it. He survived and that is all that matters.

I loved my family to bits and I was happy with who they were.

"Cameron." I called and down came my messy blonde haired son.

"Yea?" He asked his leaf jersey all on. He had my jersey and Connor had Caleb's jersey because he was a goalie.

"Help Josh get ready for me? He is going to need help doing up his jeans and tying his shoes." I said. He nodded and ran upstairs and Caleb came down.

"Jess and Jen are all ready they are at the front door." He said.

"Ok. Cameron is getting Josh ready." I said.

-----

Josh came in the room before the game to say hi to everyone. He loved hockey so much but couldn't play it. He would help out Joe before and then when it was time to go one of the equipment managers would walk him back upstairs.

"You got a staff member on your hands." Joe smiled as Josh handed me my freshly taped stick to inspect it.

"Good job buddy." I smiled giving him a high five. He smiled and turned around and Joe handed him a blue golf shirt.

"What is that?" I asked as he set it on my padded legs and opened the shirt to see that it was a staff member shirt. It said 'Equipment Manager' with Josh on top of it.

"Say thank you." I whispered.

"Thanks Joe!" He said hugging him.

"Oh you are welcome buddy." He said ruffling his hair. He took off his jersey and had on a white t shirt underneath and you could see the scars on his torn off limb. I helped him put on his shirt and smiled.

"I'm going to go show Cameron. Good luck!" He called running out of the dressing room.

"Thanks Joe." I said putting on my helmet.

"No problem. I love seeing him smile." He said.

🎉 You've finished reading In Love with my Best Friend (Sequel to In Love with my best friends dad) COMPLETE 🎉