Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Caleb's POV:

Before heading back to Toronto with Juliet, we went to Vancouver to have a huge party for her with the whole family.

Also I wanted to spend as much time with Beverly as possible. I was a long way from Beverly for the past three years and I want to make sure she knows that I am her brother. A lot of people were talking to Juliet anyways so it was kind of just Beverly and I alone on the driveway.

She brought the hockey net out and we were passing the ball back and forth. She had light brown hair with some blonde in it. Kind of like mine except mine was a little bit more blonde. She did have the bright blue eyes that looked grey like me. Beverly and I looked the most alike whereas our other brothers had mom's features.

"So how is school, Bevs?" I asked.

"It's good. They asked me to play on the boys team for hockey." Beverly went to the same elite school as we did and she took hockey, gymnastics, softball and lacrosse. Although she played softball in the lower league which only occurred once a week in the summer.

"Really? That's what happened to Juliet." I said surprised.

"I know. I want to be like Juliet when I get older." She said. Juliet was tall, she was thin but she had height so she played forward.

"Yea, she is a good role model." I said smiling.

"You like her." Beverly stated.

"Of course I do. She has been my best friend for twelve years this coming september." I said. We hung out over the summer at lacrosse and we had been friends since the beginning of school.

Wow, I have known her for twelve years...

"You wanna kiss her." She sneered playfully.

"I do not, Bevs. She is my best friend."

"No, he is stuck in the friend zone." Christian said as he walked out of the house with Christopher and Thomas. Christian and Christopher were in grade twelve and Thomas was in grade nine.

"Haha funny." I said rolling my eyes. They all smirked.

"It's true, Cale. Twelve years of "best friends"? Face it, bud. You are deep in that friend zone."

"Well who cares? I said so that we are just really good friends." I said becoming defensive.

"OOO denial." Christopher laughed. I rolled my eyes and my parents, Juliet and her parents came out.

"Cale, our plane is at eight." She said checking her watch. She wore shorts and a t shirt and I wore dress pants with a button up long sleeve and a thin sweater over top, with my two thousand dollar shoes as well.

"Alright, I have my bag. " I said gesturing to the small duffel bag on the lawn.

"Alright." She said nervously. She turned to her parents who hugged her goodbye.

"Good luck honey. Call when you land and keep us posted." Her mom said.

"I will." She smiled.

"Don't worry, Ms. McDavid. I will watch her." I smiled.

"Oh, Caleb I'm so glad you will be with her." She said coming over and hugging me. My mom came over and hugged me to.

"Have a safe flight and call as well when you are at the Pearson airport." She said kissing my head. My aunt Stella and uncle Jackson came out too. My uncle Jackson was the captain of the Vancouver Canucks.

"Hey, I will see you on the ice, kid." He teased patting my shoulder.

"Yea, where you fail to score on me." I smirked.

"Oh I'm so excited for when you guys face each other." Aunt Stella said happily. The cab pulled in the driveway and I said goodbye to my brothers and Beverly and we headed off to the airport.

---

We sat in first class because I paid for the ticket, I was flipping through a magazine when my flight attendant laid the scotch I ordered down. In Canada the drinking age is nineteen.

"My parents are sending up the rest of my bags." Juliet said as she set her phone in the cup holder. There was a limit of baggage so she could only bring her hockey stuff and one duffel bag.

"I have money, demon. You can grab some stuff in Toronto."

"You're already letting me stay at your bachelor pad." She laughed. I smiled.

"It's no big deal. I can't spoil anyone." I shrugged, dad had money to spoil my brothers and sister.

"What are you talking about? You spoil Clarabelle and Tidus." She said. Clarabelle and Tidus are my two dogs. They are full Siberian huskies. Tidus was black and white whereas Clarabelle was all white. They were two years old and I did spoil them.

They went to boarding schools, top of the line food. Everything.

"I know but it's not like I dress them or anything." I shrugged.

"You want to dress me?" She laughed.

"God...no." I said covering my eyes making her laugh.

"I meant I would like to spoil a human. I have too much money." I laughed.

"Alright. I will tell them not to worry about it." She said texting back her parents. I rested my head back and sipped my scotch and glanced around. There was barely anyone on this flight. Juliet and I were the only ones in first class.

"You think I will do good at training camp?" She asked.

"Jules, even if you don't make it, you will still be on the Marlies."

"That's true." She nodded agreeing.

"But you will make it. I bet you could deke out over half the guys on my team."

"I know I could. I'm just nervous y'know?"

"Having nerves is okay but just remember I'm there with you."

"Yea, but you have a for sure spot. I don't."

"It's a once in a life time chance. Just take it and go." I said. She nodded turning away and settling back into her chair.