Chapter 16: Tired

Mel's Mom Tami is in MultiMedia. :)

Melanie's Pov 🙆

Marques pulled into the driveway. We both stepped outside of the car. When I reached the door I saw a envelope sitting on the front steps.

"What is that?" Asks M walking up behind me.

"I have no idea. Let's read it inside."

I dig my key out of my bag. I unlock the door and walk inside.

I take my shoes off before walking any further into the house.

We get settled in the living room.

I rip the envelope open and a letter falls out.

I read the letter out loud. It goes something like this:

Dear Melanie,

I know I'm the last person you want hear from right now. I feel terrible for everything I've done to you. I let money get in the way of our friendship. I barely even recognize myself anymore. I should have just asked you for the money. But you know me better than that. I couldn't bring myself to do it. That day I tried to kill myself, was an awful day for me. Everything seemed to be falling apart. I never told you this but my parents disowned me. I haven't been the same ever since. You're probably thinking why didn't I tell you. I know that's still no reason to sleep with your boyfriend. I shook have ended that a long time ago, and no I didn't start that when you guys started talking. We were having sex months before you guys got together. It was just a physical attraction. Marques has always had a thing for you. That's why I pushed you to talk to him. We were never in a relationship. He had many other girls. Must of them were cut off when he got with you. None of that even matters anymore. I just want to say I'm sorry for all of the pain I caused you. I hope one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Melanie you're a good person. You were always there for me when no one else was. I miss our friendship. I know that might sound crazy. Please let me make it up to you. I would like to talk to you in person. I'm allowed to have visitors. It would mean a lot to me if you came to see me.

Love,

Leah

End of letter.

"Wow that was a lot." Says M

"Yeah I know."

"Are you going to visit her?" Asks M he surprised me asking that question.

"I'm not sure yet. I thought you would tell me not to ever speak to her again."

"I could do that, but what's the point? I already came between your friendship. I can't put the blame on her forever. It was both of our faults. Leah and I should have told you from the beginning. I know you're still hurting. I think you should visit her. I'm not saying right now. But when you feel comfortable. You two have been friends since the 1st grade. I can't believe I was dumb enough to think I could change that." Says M

"This is too much for one day. Can we talk about this another time. I'm going to bed."

"I didn't mean to upset you." Says M

"I know it's not your fault. I just need my space. There's so much going through my head right now."

I throw the letter on couch. I can't even look at it anymore.

I go upstairs and head into the bedroom.

I need a warm bubble bath. I go into the bathroom and run my bath water. Adding bubbles and throwing flowers in there. I light some candles and decorate them around the tub.

I go into my closet and grab a bra and a pair of panties.

I place them on the side.

I walk over to the mirror and put my hair in a bun.