Chapter 1

Melanie Martinez Pov

"Mel you coming with me or not? I'm gonna be late for work. You fool around and ima leave your ass." Screams my father

I don't know why he decides to yell so early in the morning. 😒

"I'm coming dad just hold on!"

"Fine I'll be outside waiting." He says before leaving my bedroom.

I'm not a morning person and my alarm clock decided to stop working. Today I was supposed to spend the day with my dad at work. One day he wants me take over the family business. Seeing as I'm the only child I really don't have a choice. He forces me study him at work so I know all the ropes to the business.

I quickly look at myself in the mirror real quick. I can't go outside looking a hot mess.

I have on some blue high waisted jeans and a white tank top. My hair is bone straight with a part in the middle. I put on my gold chain before leaving.

I grab my purse and head out the door.

I open the door to my dads all white Range Rover, and get in.

"It's about time. Time is money and if I'm late I'm missing out on making money. Being late is not a good look. I hope you get your act together by the time you start working. I don't mean to come down so hard on you, I just want you to be more professional." Says my dad while pulling out of the driveway.

"I know daddy and I'm sorry. I promise to start waking up on time."

"Good that's what I like to hear." Says my dad.

****
"I'm going to be in my office. I have a lot of paper work to fill out. Stay here I don't want you out joy riding with one of my new cars." Says my dad

"I won't dad. Now go get to work."

He walks off in the direction of his office.

I sit down on one of the nearby chairs. I usually sneak and go driving his cars. But since one of his workers caught me that's out. They are so damn nosey. One of them must have ran and told my dad.

I pull out my phone and dial my girl Leah's number. She's answers after the second ring.

"Hey boo what's up?" Asks Leah

"What you doing today? I'm bored as hell at my dad's car lot. He got me on lock down."

"When does he not have you on lockdown. I keep telling you to move out. If you have your own place you can do whatever you please." Says Leah

"Yeah I guess but I'm not really interested in that. I don't mind living at home. I don't have to pay for rent, food, and all of that. Besides my parents would have a fit if I left home."

"You're such a baby." Says Leah laughing.

"Yeah whatever girl. You trying to play my life. Anyways I was calling to see if you could come through?"

"Aww I can't I just remembered I have to work today. But I can stop by on my work break." Says Leah

"Alright I guess I'll see you later then."

"I'll call you when I have break. Love you boo." Says Leah

"Love you too L bye."

I hang up the phone. Well there goes my plans. See this is why I need more friends. In high school I used to a lot of friends. Everyone wanted to be with me. They either hated me or wanted to be me. A lot of them were phony they only hung out with me because of my money. The only genuine friend I have is Leah. We've been friends since the 1st grade. She's 5'1 thick as hell she's Carmel skinned with Hazel eyes and red hair. My girl is bad. Everywhere we go guys are always throwing themselves at her. I think it's her I don't give a fu*k attitude. That makes the guys keep coming back.