31

I sat on the floor, staring off and shaking.

"Rhea!" I heard from a distance. Hands were placed on my shoulders as I was shaken.

I blinked, looking up at Ryder. "Ryder?" I whispered. "When did you get here?"

I looked at my phone next to me.

"You just rang me." I whispered. "Where's Rowan?"

"Rhea, I rang you thirty minutes ago. The police are here, they are looking for him. There is an amber alert out for him."

I got to my feet, holding on to the wall. "No. I want my son. Now!" I screamed, making some of the officers look at me. "Where is he?"

One of the officers came to me and Ryder, closing his notebook. "We have men out looking around the area. There are extra staff on, checking out his day care, work places, people that know him." He said softly.

I felt Ryder's arms around me as white hot rage coarse through me. "Please, bring him home." I begged.

The officers left my house, after asking their questions, taking any evidence with them. I turned to Ryder. "I have to find him."

"He will be found." Ryder assured me. I heard my phone ring and I ignored it. "Stay at my place. You'll feel safer there."

I shook my head. "No. I need to be here, just in case." I hugged in to Ryder's chest. "Ryder, please. Find him." I looked into his blue eyes as tears ran down my cheeks. "Find our son."

I sobbed in to his chest for several minutes, not letting him go.

"Is there anyone that would want to harm you or me?" Ryder asked and one name floated in to my head.

"Vincent."

Ryder stilled. "Are you sure?"

"I don't know. It's something he said, the last time I saw him." I sat down on the couch. "Please, Ryder. Find Rowan!"

Ryder clenched his jaw and nodded.

My phone rang again as Ryder picked it up. "Unknown number."

"I don't want to talk. I want my son." I cried out.

"Stay here. Don't go anywhere. I'll talk to Vincent, see if he is still in Adelaide." Ryder said before kneeling down to me. He placed his hands on mine and looked at me. "I'll find him." He promised as I nodded.

Ryder left, closing the door behind him as my phone rang again. Angrily, I stood and picked it up. The screen said unknown number.

Frowning, I wanted to throw it, but instead I took a deep breathe and answered.

"Hello?" I said in a unconvincing calm voice.

"Rhea." Came the deep throaty voice. "If you want to see your son again, meet me in an hour, by the entry of the water tower bush walk. Don't involve the police or Ryder." The phone went dead as my heart thumped heavily in my chest.

Like a programmed robot, I picked up my car keys and went to my car. I know where it was. I haven't been there before, but I know the place. It's local.

I got in my car and reversed out, driving to my destination. There was still daylight and it was only a fifteen minute drive there. I sat in the car, waiting for the next forty five minutes.

The anxiety was killing me and I needed a drink. Water or even sugar based soda. Something for my dry throat.

My heart was racing and I was petrified. My poor baby boy. Someone has him and he is alone.