8.

"Get out off my house you bastard!" I told him as I held the towel over my hand.

"I told you that I will never let you go." Ryder repeated as he came closer.

I put my good hand up, signalling him to stop as I went to the pantry. "Oh, no. Back off." I snapped as I went for the first aid kit.

"You need help, Rhea." Ryder told me as I snatched the bag.

"No, I need you to go." I warned him. I can't believe this is happening. "You thought I had an affair. You kicked me out. You wanted a divorce!" I went to the corner of the bench. I was out off room, I had no where to go.

"I also promised you on our wedding day that you will never leave me." Ryder's face was dark as he stared at me.

I turned my attention to my hand as I took the towel off. I winced as I saw the blood. It was stinging and I needed to get it clean.

Ryder stepped the last of the gap between us and took my bloody hand in to his.

I gasped as I tried to claim it back, but his grip was too strong. "Just calm down!" He growled as I fought him.

"No!" I cried. "I've built my life. Without you! You can't come in here and destroy it. I'm happy here. I'm happy with what I have." I yelped as Ryder pulled some glass out off my hand.

"You should have known I was going to come back. We may have had a break, but that is it. I would have never let you go." Ryder told me. He had his back to me as I felt him apply some dettol to my cut. I winced as I tried to take my hand back.

"No. It never crossed my mind." I lied. It has. Several times. And I still wasn't prepared, mentally, over it. I felt Ryder place a medical pad on my hand.

"Hold this." He instructed as he got out off my way, without letting go of my wrist.

I just stood there, glaring at him.

"Hold it there so I can strap it, Rhea." He said softly.

I groaned as I did as I was told. Ryder took out the medical tape and strapped on the patch before getting the strapping tape and covered it on.

As soon as I felt his grip loosen, I reclaimed my hand.

"Now get out!" I snapped as I left the kitchen.

"Stop telling me that, Rhea. I'm not going anywhere until we have covered everything."

I hung my head. "Why?"

"I've already told you why." Ryder leaned against the bench as I went back to the table, picking up the glass fragments.

"But that's the thing, Ryder, I'm trying to tell you and you won't listen."

"I don't like what those answers are." He snapped.

I placed the glass in to the bin and wiped the table down.

"So who is the kid?"

My head snapped to him. "I'm not discussing him."

"Okay. Fine. But I'll get it out off you."

I stood tall with my arms crossed as I stared at Ryder.

"You'll have to talk eventually, Rhea. Because you'll be seeing a lot more of me."

I groaned again as my eyes rolled.

"That habit I still don't like." He growled as I saw him come closer. "Stop rolling your eyes." Came his dark and low voice.

"Stop harassing me." I replied as I backed away.

Ryder took me in to his arms as I gasped, pushing him away.