Boundaries Chapter 11

~~~Dylan~~~

Skylar fixed my bow tie and backed up, looking at her work. She was practically beaming at me, trying to hold in her excitement. " Oh God," she said. "You. Are. Hot." She closed her eyes and looked up. "Thank you Lord, for giving me holy hands made for fashion. Excuse me," she said backing up onto my bed. " I'm gonna cry. Just give me a moment." I rolled my eyes and ignored her. 

Sil stopped texting and turned his head towards me. "Skylar, what on earth-" He looked impressed.  "You're right, he is hot."

I blushed. "Alright, alright," I said calming them down and walked into the bathroom to look in the mirror. The whitewashed denim collared shirt I wore perfectly fit my slim body and the black bowtie looked nearly classy enough. I was dressed in white skinny jeans and denim Vans. I did admit, I looked sexy, if I could say so myself.

I brushed my brown hair out of my eyes and applied some gel to smooth it back with. "I could have dressed myself though, you know." I said, giving Skylar a glare, when she walked in the bathroom.

"I just want you to look perfect." she said softly. "Besides, this is your first party ever."

I threw the nearest object at her and she sceamed. "It's not," I reassured her. "Just the first in a long time," I muttered.

She scoffed and left the room. Five minutes later, we were all downstairs about to leave. Skylar and Sil headed to the car while my mom held me back.

I knew she thought late night parties always had bad reputations, including drinking, smoking, unprotected sex, and illegal drugs. I couldn't believe she said that she had no problem with me going but mostly because she trusted me. She wiped the back of her hands on her floral apron and smiled worryingly.

"Don't do anything you'll regret." she warned. "Don't get drunk. Promise me."

I rolled my eyes. "Trust me, I wouldn't do that." She continued staring at me so I added, "Promise." and kissed her on the cheek. " Love you."

"Love you too, Dylan. " She took off her apron. " Oh, and what time are you getting back?"

I looked behind her at the stove's clock. "It's 9 o'clock now, I'll be home no later than 1a.m, is that fine?" I sighed. " I know I have school tomorrow. Thanks for letting me go."

She hugged me. "Go have fun."

~~~

Sil snickered when I got in the car. " You're such a mama's boy," he pointed out.

I started the car and put it in reverse." I don't want to disappoint her," I murmured. It was heartbreaking seeing my mom distressed about me. The least I could do was to be the son she's always wanted. Since Dad died, life was hard for her. I must admit he was the life of the family and he always had everything under control. I just want my mom to be happy again.

Skylar was sitting in the passenger seat, texting. She snorted two minutes later, probably just hearing what I had said, too transfixed into her text messaging. "Dylan, even if your mom said no, I would have physically forced you out of your bedroom window. You were going anway."

I took a glance at her and then back at the road. "Why am I not surprised?" They both chuckled at this. Finally, I followed the rest of the directions my GPS gave me and parked along side the road of the house. I could practically feel the music beating.

Skylar placed her hand on mine. " Stop. Do you hear that?" She smiled. "This party is going to be sick."

I chuckled and we all got out of the car. Sil leaned against me when I opened the door. It was wild, I could already tell. I jumped at the sound of glass breaking. There were so many lights; red. blue, white, purple, yellow, you name it.  The house was huge. There was a kitchen right in the entrance of the house and the living room was beside it. All of the furniture looked replaced. There was a skylight on the ceiling when I looked up.