Boundaries Chapter 4

~~~Dylan~~~

The following week, I walked in through the entrance doors of Westwood High School with Sil and Damen by my side. Damen's listening to me talk about our history project due next Thursday but I can tell he's distracted by the cheerleading squad doing their stunts for the upcoming game.

I stop midsentence into what I was saying and give Damen a thoughtful look. " You should go talk to her."

Damen narrows his eyes at me. "What are you talking about? Who?"

I look over at the girl with the silky brunette hair. Her legs fly up in the air and touch her head as if she has no bones in her body. She's quite thin and she smiles through her whole routine, which makes her even more beautiful. She's pretty cute, I think. I slap Damen on the back. " Michelle! Dude, you're drooling."

" I am not!" Damen defends himself. He wipes his mouth just to make sure he's right.

Sil suddenly smiles and notices Damen's rosy red cheeks. " I'll call her over."

Damen's eyes go super wide and he tackles Sil on the ground before he evens calls out the second syllable in her name. Sil cries out in pain and Damen jumps off of him, nonchalantly, dusting his pants off with his hands.

" Sil, that's totally not cool."

Sil frowns and I help him up. He's pretty light and he flies up in the air and lands like a feather.

Damen looks back at Michelle. " It's in the guy's handbook. Have you ever read it? It's rule #66 stating, " he clears his throat as if he's going to recite a speech, " Thou boys shall only admire ladies from a distance if thou does not want to be noticed by thy lady."

He looks at me, then Sil and raises his eyebrows. " Hey, It's in the guy's handbook. You should know this."

Sil and I both roll our eyes. I stifle a laugh, " Your such a loser, Damen. You didn't even use thou and thy in the appropiate form, dumbass."

The first bell rings and Damen continues walking in frustratement. We follow behind him. "Oh shutup. Anyway, you guys don't understand. Michelle's one of the most popular girls in the school. She would never fall for someone like me."

Sil stops walking in confusement." Wait, so you're just going to daydream about her but never tell her your feelings? That's pathetic."

" You would feel that way." I say. " You practically hook up with every guy in this school.."

" Hey!" Sil interrupts me. " I can't help it if they come to me. It's not my fault I'm so sexy."

Damen walks to his locker and opens it, packing his books in his arm. " Male prostitute." he mutters.

I laugh out loud and gather my books too. I wave them off as I head to my first period. I always thought Literature was the best class I've ever actually liked. There's something so beautiful about writing and this may seem particularly girly but I feel as if I can express myself more by writing than talking.

I walk in and slide into my seat as Mr. Reed talks to an older man, around his mid-thirties. He's wearing a very formal suit and there's this smile plastered on to his face as if he's bragging about something. He kind of looks familiar to me, the blonde hair, the blue eyes, the thin but muscular shape. My mind tries to trace back to the day I saw him when somone pokes me from behind.

"Did you see the new student?" Skylar's voice. I glance back and almost reply when Mr. Reed makes an announcement.

He clears his throat. " Students, as you can see, a new student will be joining our class this year. Please make him feel welcome by introducing yourself one by one. Class, this is Andrew Sykes. " he nods and takes a seat at his desk.

My mind finally clicks and I stare at him as he stands in the middle of the class. He goes to my school now?

Aleah starts off, blushing. " Hello, my name is Aleah Thompson and welcome to Westwood High School. I'm 16 and hopefully we'll become great friends. I'm super nice and very friendly, maybe sometime I'll show you around school. " she winks at him, which makes the class snickers, and then sits down, followed by Jonathan Hollis. As the introductions get closer to me, I start to get more and more nervous. What if he remembers me? What if he doesn't remember me?

Random thoughts attack my brain and I force myself to stay calm. Skylar pokes me in the arm again. " Your turn."

I slowly get up. " I'm Dylan Menecio, 16, I think you'll enjoy this school very much, There's a lot of, uh, various activites to choose from. You can call me some time too if..." the class snickers and I realize I made a mistake. " I mean, If you need advice, I'll give you my number." There's a group of giggles coming from the girls. Oh, God. No." I mean..." I just sink down low into my seat and wait for the next person to introduce themselves.

Andrew watches me with a flush of amusement and discreetly winks at me. I can feel my cheeks redden with embarrassment. " Nice." Skylar says sarcastically and I ignore her. I look back at Andrew and he glances at me for a second, with warm blue eyes. His face is smooth, like his father's and I can see his faint freckles on his nose.

I opened my literature notebook and started scribbling down random words once class begun. They were just fragments of a sentence but I re-read it and they came along well:

his face

reminded me of hot chocolate

with bits of chocolate spots bubbling on the surface

and when you taste them

they give your tongue a sensation

of delicousness but it also burns you

but I don't care

because I happen to really love

hot chocolate

I bite my lip, and read it once again. I can't believe I just wrote that and It sounds stupid anyway so I ball it up and stuff it into my pocket.

If you guys want a picture of Andrew, he's on the right! Isn't he the cutest? ;)