chapter 24

Happy weekend everyone! I hope you like this chapter :)

KELLAN has a wide smile across his face while working in his office. Yes, he already went back to work last week. Even though his vacation was over, he wanted to extend for another week but his secretary kept on bugging him because there was a lot of work that already piled up at the office for him to do.

If it was up to him, he wouldn't go back to work just yet and be with Gaelle more but he couldn't extend his vacation anymore because he was gone for almost a month and he couldn't afford to take another vacation even if he wanted to.

It's already been a week since the two of them came back home to Manila. Everything happened so fast. Gaelle already informed her parents about their relationship and like they were expected, they weren't happy at first. For them, it was still too early for their daughter to get married. According to them, they've been planning for Gaelle to manage their business in Paris someday.

They wanted to teach Gaelle how to manage their business because she would be the one to inherit someday. She was their only child that's why she would be the one who would inherit their business someday so she must learn how to manage it; the earlier, the better.

But when they informed them that Gaelle was pregnant, they couldn't do anything other than to give their blessing to them and their upcoming wedding. Her maman Belinda was so mad at him. According to her, he took advantage of the weakness of Gaelle. Because of her anger, she almost punched him in the face through the screen of the computer if that was possible. Thankfully, they just talked with them through skype, if not, she would've slapped or punched him because of so much anger.

Kellan wanted to go to France to personally talk with Gaelle's parents but he had a lot of piled up works at the company not to mention that he didn't want to leave Gaelle, especially that she's pregnant. He doesn't want her to fly with him either because of her condition. He doesn't want to take the risk especially that her doctor said that she shouldn't strain herself and get stressed out.

France is far from the Philippines and flying all the way there could trigger her stress and fatigue.

When Gaelle couldn't go home to France the day she was scheduled to go back, she called her parents to inform them that she wouldn't go home for a while. That was when he decided to have a proper talk with her them as well.

Gaelle's parents would be arriving in the Philippines one week from now so that they all could have a proper talk together. Kellan would formally ask for their daughter's hand in marriage.

He was pulled out of his deep thoughts when his secretary came in. He left the door of his office half opened so that she wouldn't need to knock if she needs to go inside his office. She was the only one who has an access to his office and if some other employee needed to talk to him, they should talk to his secretary first.

"What is it, Izabel?" he asked her. It's been three years since she became his secretary and she was the only one who lasted that long. Each of his previous secretaries weren't all that serious and even tried to flirt with him. That was what he hated the most to an employee.

He's the kind of person that's dedicated to his job and he liked to separate his personal life from his job. He's a very serious person when it comes to work and he expects his employees to do the same. Professionalism is very important for him too.

HIs father died early that's why all the responsibilities in their company became his. When he was still in college, he didn't have any plans of managing their business. Even though he took up the course that his father wanted for him, he never planned on managing their company because he didn't have any interest in it. He couldn't even imagine himself just sitting in an office and doing nothing but paperwork and meetings. But everything changed when he met Gaelle. She was the reason why his eyes got opened to the things that he should be doing in his life.