Chapter 5

Jealousy is the Root of All Evil

Jordan POV:

I wake up to hear my mother arguing with Cassandra. My mother knows I prefer Sandra over her any day, she's totally jealous but why should she be? What were they arguing about this time? I crept out of my bed, headed down the hall to the movie room, and stooped beside the door.

"Listen Mary, I'm telling you Brian has been watching Jordan way too much lately!" Sandra yelled furiously.

"Who the hell is Jordan?" My mother asked in curiosity. I stood up in complete shock. I always knew that bitch never knew my name! I really hate her and that bastard Brian.

I ran to my room, holding all of my tears in. . . . I never knew Brian looked at me like that. I just want to run away but I don't want to leave Cassandra alone with the Joker (aka my mother). I grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom. I took the longest shower of my life . . . sometimes I sit in the shower and think of how my life could be. In my thoughts, I picture my mother being a teacher; she's always home and the nicest mom ever. She's the kind of mom that bakes cookies for no reason and remembers my name. She marries a doctor who is really nice. I call him dad and he treats me like his little princess. Cassandra is my mom's best friend and my aunt. I always visit her on the weekends. A perfect life for me!

I finally get out of the shower, dry off, put on my undies and walk out of the bathroom. I think I want my hair to be wavy, naturally of course. I put on my red and white Hollister sweat suit, red Toms, my favorite perfume, and my gold earrings. I glanced over at my clock and notice it was only five o'clock in the morning. Aww, Great. . . Now I can sit around for an hour and freaking thirty minutes. I grab my phone, my keys, my book bag and run out of the door. I don't know where to go. I grab my phone and call Travis maybe he can meet me somewhere.

.

.

.

"Hello", Travis groaned.

"Good morning Sunshine, are you on campus?" I asked sounding chirpy.

"Yeah . . . meet me at the Starbucks in five," He said sounding as if he was putting on clothes.

I hung up and focused on the road. A car accident won't help the situation. I always knew where UCLA was. That's the school I wanted to apply for. Sandra took me here once a month to know where everything was. I basically know where everything is on this campus. I finally arrived at the Starbucks and saw Travis standing in the front. I got out of my car and walked towards him. He saw me and a big smile was on his face. Even though it's really early, he is still energized. We walked in starbucks hand-in-hand and got a table. He looked at me with a puzzled face.

"Beautiful . . . is something wrong?" He asked.

"Well from previous experience. . . Can I tell you something without you getting angry?" I stated calmly.

"Of course," Travis chuckled.

I began to tell him everything, I told him the first day my mother left for a year and never called. He looked completely shocked. Then, I told him about Sandra and how she brought home Brian that day, I told him about how my mother has yet to remember my full name. After that, I began to tell him about how Brian is and about Dominic (I really don't know why I told him about this but he deserves to know). He looked at me with mixed emotions on his face. The only emotion I could really see was anger.

"Travis, you promised you wouldn't get angry." I begged with my best puppy dog face.

"Babe, I swear to you I'm trying not to but . . . that sick bastard is making me get angry," Travis said sternly.