Chapter 14

KAILY'S POV

We got into the car and I began to cool down. I sat there and closed my eyes for a minute. I didn't have to drive angry or anything. I started my car, but kept it in park. I plugged my phone into the stereo and turned the music up. Every time I feel myself get to heated, I did this. I can't think of the many times I've sat in my car just listening to music, for some reason sad music makes me feel better. It helps me think clearly. While I was sitting there, Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray began to play. I closed my eyes a little harder and zoned everything out, letting the music take me to a different place.

Kiss me hard before you go,

Summertime Sadness.

I just wanted you to know,

That baby you're the best.

I got that Summertime, Summertime Sadness.

I was gently singing along and opened my eyes. I could see Taylor looking at me, from the corner of my eye. I turned and looked at him," What?" Him staring at me sort of made me feel weird. I forgot he was with me when I had gone into my trance. He blinked a few times and then grabbed my face. He crashed his lips into mine and held my face tightly. He pulled away a lot sooner than I hoped. His kisses were so enticing and left me wanting more.

"What was that for?" I questioned, after I took a few seconds to compose myself.

"You told me to," he smirked and put on his seatbelt.

I buckled my seatbelt and pulled out of the parking lot. I decided that I would stop for gas a little further down the road. I just wanted to get out of here. We got onto the highway and started to play music a little louder. We were quiet for a while. It wasn't an awkward quiet though, it was more of a comfortable one. Taylor intertwined our fingers and turned the radio down.

"I like you. You're fun," he smiled without showing his teeth and blushed a little.

I laughed a little, "Thank you. I like you too, you're pretty cool." I glance at him for a second and realized he had a giant smile plastered across his face.

"So I'll pay for everything in SF. Since you paid for everything there?"

"No, Taylor. I'll help." I wasn't going to make him pay for everything especially because San Francisco is a little more expensive than Monterey.

"Fine, but let me pay for your gas." he pointed at the gas light that had just came on.

"Alright, if you insist." I chuckled and pulled off the road and into a gas station.

TAYLOR'S POV

We pulled into the gas station and I went inside to go pay for gas and grab us some snacks and energy drinks. As I was walking up to the store, I seen a familiar black car pull into the gas station. I brushed it off and walked inside. I grabbed our snacks and drinks and walked back up to the counter. I payed for our stuff and went back toward Kaily's car. I saw her start to get out of the car, so I ran up and shut her door. She rolled down her window," What's your problem?" She joked around. "Nothing, " I handed her the bag of our stuff, "Let me pump your gas."

I pumped her gas and we got back onto the road. I had seen the black car follow us onto the freeway. I began to grow more suspicious.

"Switch lanes for me?" I asked Kaily as I looked through the mirror above my head.

"OK, weirdo. " she did it without question. And just as I suspected the car had switched right behind us.

"Switch again" I told her, this time it was done without a word.That car had switched again. I began to grow more suspicious, but didn't want Kaily to worry.

"What was that about?" She smiled and glanced at me.

"Nothing." I had decided, I didn't want her to worry.

We drove for about an hour and a half and finally came into San Francisco. It was beautiful. I've only ever been here once and that was for MagCon way back when. We didn't really get to do much because of the event. But now that I'm here. I'm excited to see all of the cool stuff we can do.

"So, how about we go find a hotel outside of the city so that way it's maybe a little cheaper?" She suggested.

"But I wanna stay in the city, it may cost more but I'll pay!" I insisted. She laughed and agreed When we found a nice hotel I went and checked us into a room. We both decided that we would go up to the room and then go out to dinner. Since we were both starving. I had a plan to take Kaily out on a nice date.

"How about we go shopping first. I'll buy you some nice clothes for tonight?" I said.

"Sure," she smiled small and looked away. When we got to the room. She could not believe her eyes. I had gotten us a suite on one of the top floors. It had everything! A balcony, a Jacuzzi, a little living room area, one bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom. It cost a little more than I had originally planned, but I figured we would be staying for a couple of days so why not do it in style. We brought all of our stuff up to the room, settled in for a second, and then left.