Chapter 23

Clare's PoV

I have never thought, that I would see them ever again. It was impossible. They were the reason I hated myself. We used to have so much fun together, until I found out that the two were dating each other. They were the reason I started having trust issues.

But they weren't alone, they had company. They were the perfect trio. They should get called THE THREE GOLD DIGGERS. Sam, Hailie and not to forget Lisa, my "sister".

Sam and Hailie really haven't changed their looks, they still really look like they are the nicest persons in the world, but fortunately, I knew better. I could see the beasts in them.

Their faces met mine, and all three of them smirked at me until they saw the person in front of me, Daemon. Now, it was my turn to smirk at them. I am sure, that Lisa told them about Daemon, even when I never told her about our marriage, because I have never really had the oppornity to, until I was told that she was the biggest snitch. That was the moment I was over with her and didn't bother to tell or see her.

"Is everything okay, Flower? Or should I ask who you're smiling at? " Daemon stated with a worried look.

I was so stupid. If I didn't meet Daemon, I would've still been friends with her, probably. Daemon kind of saved me. He made me not care about all those people that betrayed and lied to me for a very long time. He saved me and I have never really noticed that nor was I ever thankful for having him in my life. He deserves an award for being the greatest husband in the world.

"You remember when I told you about my 'fake' friends? They are here... with Lisa. And I don't care at all, to be honest. All because of you. I had trust issues for, god knows how long. And since we've gotten together, I could feel free in a kind of way. Emotionally free. There is a chance, that I am being the worst wife in the world and I am trying to improve, but you definetly are the best husband and human in the world. Thank you. Thank you for being the greatest husband to me."

He stared at me with wide eyes, but I could see the love in them. "You know, I was just about to ask if I should scare them or kill them, and I would still do that if you wanted me to, but I'm kind of... emotional right now, because never in the world, would I have thought that somebody would ever call me the best human. Your thanks just made me so proud of myself. And I've never been proud of myself. So, thank you."

I smiled at him widely and I could feel some pair of eyes watching me, but I didn't care. Well, now they can see how happy I really am. I dont need any friends, because I have my husband and he is my real best friend.

"I know that they are staring at us, so how about we just show them our middle fingers and then go somewhere else?" Daemon suggested and I nodded, immediately with a huge grin on my face.

I counted until three, that was when we threw our middle fingers in the air and even laughed at their faces, that were so imposibbely funny.

We already sat in the car and had to laugh until our stomach hurt badly and couldn't breathe. "How couldn't they expect us to do something, when they were staring at us the entire time. Oh my god, I've never laughed that much." Daemon had to chuckle a few times, until he could really finish his sentence.

"I have no idea." I laughed before I went back to serious. "I love you, baby."

I took his face between my hands and started kissing him hungrily. Apparently, I first caught him of guard, but after a short second he started kissing me, as well. He grabbed my legs and sat me on his lap.

I looked into his dark eyes and could not describe the feeling I was feeling in that moment. I started kissing his swollen lips once again. His tongue slipped into mine in less than a second. A soft moan escaped my throat, Daemon's hands squeezed my waist in approval.