Chapter 20

"What do you mean by surprising?" He asked me, getting suspicious. I know he wouldn't like my idea, but I have to tease the Mafias a little, or distract them, so Daemon can look in the leader's office for paper and then we can kill them all or we first kill them and then look for the papers. Depends on the situation.

"You know, I thought about distracting them. I don't wanna sound giddy, but I know that I have some nice curves and-" before I could even finish my plan, he decided to cut me off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Nope. No. Nope. What the hell? Are you insane, first of all they are dangerous, second of all, there's no way on earth that I let you show off your curves in front of all-time-horny men. How could you have thought of this? That's a really stupid idea." If it wasn't a serious timing right now, I would have gave him a kiss, because his worry is so adorable.

"Babe, wait. I have a better idea. Look, I mean that I'm going to get only the boss and act a little 'whorish' if that's even a word and then I'm going to pull out the gun I've wore the entire time with me and kill him, obviously after he tells me some secrets. Perfect idea." I smiled at him nervously.

"Do you really think I'm gonna let a man touch you, let alone this bastard? This is DANGEROUS! And do you even know how you're going to get inside? Do you think you can say 'hey, get me the boss, because I need him right now' or what?" He asked me furiously.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. But I can help you a lot. I just wanna help you and myself, because they are obviously behind me. They want ME." I had no idea what I was talking about and I think Daemon had no idea either.

I mean, how am I supposed to help him?! I just want to scream and break things, punch that arse that is disturbing my peace.

"Baby, I just want you safe. I couldn't live with the thought of someone hurting you, because I didn't protect you enough." He said softly, now.

Doesn't he get the point, that I'm not safe either way?!

"Daemon, I haven't been safe since the day I stepped in this house. Don't you get that?" I told him madly and I obviously immediately regretted it.

Daemon looked kind of hurt and angry. He has never looked at me like this and it pains me so much, I'm not even able to describe that horrible feeling.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I just wanted to say that I'm not safe either way anymore and I just wanna help you. You know, we've gotten into this all because of me. Oh god, I don't even know why they are behind me. Look, I really am sorry for being the worst wife and everything." I started sobbing, but he just looked at me emotionless.

"Nothing of this is your fault, and they want you, because they know that you're my weak spot. They know that I'm ready to lose anything just to keep you safe." He explained to me and now you could see two emotions in his eyes:
Fear and Sadness.

"Can I hug you, please?" I asked him shyly, way too embarrassed to even look into his eyes. When I didn't hear any response, I just turned around and started walking away from him.

I went directly into our room and cried my heart out. I'm so stupid to say that to him, when all he was trying to do was, protecting me.

I want him to forgive me, but I have no idea how. I know he wouldn't want to sleep with me now.

I already goofed everything, so there isn't pretty much time of him forgiving me. I was frustrated and had to stop myself from screaming in exasperation.

My eyes wandered to the clock on the wall and I realized how late it is. Honestly, I didn't want to become the worst wife on this planet, so I decided to make dinner.