Chapter 21

Clare's POV

I cried endlessly while it started getting darker outside. Daemon was beside me and kept telling me that everything would be fine.

"No, can you please stay. I don't want you to dieee, I want you here in my arms. Please don't leave me. I can't let you go. Can I at least come with you?" I sobbed loudly.

"Baby, you know that I can't let you come with me. And I'm not going to die, please stop crying. Look, it's not the first time I've ever done something like that." He said softly, wanting to comfort me, but how in the world could I?

"Flower, I have to go now. But I promise you that I'm going to come back." He gave me a peck on the lips.

"How long is that going to take, in the first place? I want you to be here before dawn. Understood?" I asked him with an authoritative voice, now.

"Oh my god. I'll literally have to throw up if you guys don't stop. You guys aren't even cool. Dude, what's so special about him?" Rob, the 'best' friend of Daemon, has to comment after watching me crying and Daemon trying to comfort me for almost an hour.

"Come on, Rob. Why don't you go to the bathroom and insert your ugly head into the toilet." Daemon said to him irritated.

I looked at him in surprise for saying that, he has never really used sentences like that.

"Wow." Rob said and I had to chuckle. He has that humor that always makes me laugh, no matter how bad the situation is. He's like an older brother to me.

"Wow." Daemon mimicked Rob in a higher voice. "Babe, Flower, Love, Sunshine, I'll see your pretty face in a few hours." He kissed me and looked over to Rob, trying to annoy him by calling me cute names.

"Okay. If there's anything new, call me, or Rob. You broke my phone, did you forget?" I reminded him.

"Oh yeah, well, bye. My men are already waiting for me." He have me one last kiss.

"Don't get distracted by the hot strippers there." Rob winked at him. My man just showed him the middle finger and went with the one last 'goodbye'.

I sighed. Not knowing what else to do, I looked over at Rob. "You are supposed to be a lawyer?!" I asked him, while shaking my head.

"A corrupt one, though." He said proudly. And as if he couldn't top it, he flexed, probably trying to show off how strong and savage he was.

I bursted out laughing and shook my head in shock. "You're one of the weirdest guys I've ever met."

"So, are we gonna watch a movie or not?" He asked with an over exaggerated sigh. I rolled my eyes and nodded, back at being worried.

We watched a movie for like, thirty minutes and my smart head already couldn't remember a single thing that happened in the film.

Suddenly, Rob switched the tv off and turned his face to me. "I know you're nervous and I really can understand, but Daemon really knows what to do. He's a really strong man. Trust him."

"Rob, it's not that I'm not trusting him. What is wrong with being worried in the first place?! Do you really expect me to stay and act like nothing is happening in my mind." I inhaled a deep breath and exhaled after a few seconds.

"Tell me more about him." I eventually said. He looked at me suspiciously, not really understanding my mood swings.

"How long is he doing this?" I asked him while tapping my knee nervously. Daemon must have joined the Mafias at a pretty young age, I think. Maybe 19 or 20.